Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanks, Magazines, and More

I'd like to start off this blog by saying thanks to those that are reading it (and especially those of you who have been commenting! : ) I'm still kinda new to this, but when I started blogging I didn't realize how much fun I would have doing it. And thanks for the suggestions and recipes that everyone has given me ... who knew the blogging community would be so helpful and nice! So thanks guys, it's greatly appreciated and so much fun!

Also, thanks to all my facebook friends who have been faithfully reading also ; )

Okay, now back to business ... how's your day been? I was extra tired my last few hours of work for some reason unbeknown to me ... I think staring at a computer screen and typing all day long catches up to me some days or something ... (and yet here I am at home, doing the same thing?? haha.) So, when work finally got over, I came home and ate a toasted piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread with cashew butter ... I LOVE cashew butter!! In fact, I try to stay away from it and limit myself to how often I eat it because it's just too good. I'd say it's definitely my favorite "nut butter" ... anyone else have a say in this? I then remembered to start some more greek yogurt because once again, we're just about out. I have just enough to activate my new batch ... I feels like we go through our yogurt too fast but it's just SO good. Oh, I also got my RealSimple magazine in the mail today and I'm excited to read that ... I get excited when one of my magazines comes in the mail, haha. I curretnly get Real Simple and Women's Health ... there are things I don't like about both of them, but overall, I definitely enjoy reading through them. What's your favorite magazine? (ha, I feel full of questions today!)My post is a little early tonight because we help out with youth group at our church on Wednesday nights ... therefore dinner will not be photographed tonight, haha. Although I do know it will involve one of these ... So as you can guess, dinner will probably consist of either a turkey burger or some type of fish burger (salmon, mahi mahi, or ahi tuna) on an Ezekiel bun. I'm excited to try one of these buns. Typically I either eat burgers on toasted Ezekiel bread or with no bread at all, but we picked some of these up on our latest trip to Whole Foods. I plan to eat some steamed brussels with the burger of my choice ... : ) Then, we'll be off to help with MYC (Millennium Youth Church) at our church. (I'll think I'll need to pray to stay awake, ha, we don't get done until past our bedtime and we've been getting up earlier than we're used to!) And remember ... two more days until the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love Real Simple magazine! It's one of my favorite magazines, and I also read Chatelaine as well!

    And I have yet to try cashew butter actually. I want to try it, and you make it sound so tempting! I should plow through my massive jar of almond butter first though. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to try cashew butter! I just might like it too much! How long have you and your husband been married? and what kind of church do you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to try cashew butter. It sounds sooo good! Your blog is awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way at the end of the day today! I actually ran out to get a coffee! Thrilled that there are two days until the weekend! I can't wait! I have never read real simple but have heard so many good things about it! I must get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome! My husband and I have been married two an a half years. We also go to a non denominational church. Seems like we have a lot in common. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to comment, girl - I'm always reading!! :-)

    ***Here's where I purchase ALL of my nut-/seed-butters (I use hazelnut-butter, almond-butter, pumpkin-seed-butter, and sunflower-seed-butter):


    http://www.futtersnutbutters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Had to laugh b/c as I was reading yours I was eating peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam on freshly baked oatmeal cinnamon raisin bread! Have you tried baking your own bread? I was going to link the recipe I use for oatmeal raisin bread, but I realized that I don't have it posted! I'll do that soon. It's sooooooo yummy. Problem is, the two huge loaves (or three small) are gone in a flash! -Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried cashew butter, I've never tried Ezekiel 4:9 bread (too pricey for unemployed me), and I've never read Real Simple.

    However I do want to try/ read all of those things!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections