Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Burt Review, Hemp Milk, and Rice

Well, only two more days until the weekend : ) I'm excited because it's supposed to be 55 degrees tomorrow, woo hoo! I won't know what to do with that nice weather! Although, today is has reached the mid 40s.

After work, I looked at my phone to find a lovely voice mail from my wonderful husband that simply said, "Just wanted to say hello and I love you!" : ) That makes a nice ending to a day of work!

A few people asked how I liked the new shampoo, so ... here's my unofficial review of Burt's Bees Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo & Conditioner (after having used it once) ... I love it! First off, I love the smell ... pomegrante & soy ... mmm ... it smells are good as it sounds! While the shampoo was thinner than I was expecting, I thought it worked great. My hair didn't seem to be nearly as ratty as it normally is afer being washed and conditioned and it has felt very soft and fresh all day. I've been wanting to try more natural shampoo/conditioner and I think I found myself a winner : ) (and just a side note, I absolutely loved the face wash, too ... it felt so good!!).

Next up, I said we might have Chickpea Turkey Burgers last night buuut we didn't. (But they will be coming soon!) After we worked out we were just hungry and wanted something fast! So, we just took some frozen salmon burgers out of the freezer and had them with some steamed veggies. (On, of course, an Ezekiel bun and a slice of 2% organic cheese, and some less sugar ketchup). And here's my husband's plate also with another burger on Ezekiel bread with rice & quinoa ... he's a growing boy : ) For breakfast this morning, I had my cereal with hemp milk and a half a banana. We're out of almond milk and we had some hemp milk that we're not sure if we like, ha. So, I was forced to use it and decided I'm starting to like it with my cereal.
















Anyone have thoughts on hemp milk??







Last by not least, here's out rice blend for the week ... Wild Rice, Pearled Barley, and Quinoa. Hope you all have had a great Wednesday. Erik and I are gonna eat pretty soon and then we'll be off to help with youth group. I'll leave you with this quote that I got e-mailed to me today ... I figured many of you would appreciate it : )

"Man cannot live on bread alone. He must have peanut butter."

-bill cosby-

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have the sweetest husband in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, hello?? I'm the hempmilk QUEEN!!! I only use Living Harvest hempmilk and hemp protein powder - you bought the wrong brand!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the shampoo, I will be looking for it now ;). I haven't tried the hemp milk. I bought almond milk and have only tried it in coffee and...I didn't like it. Hope you guys have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Burt's shampoo review! I've never had hemp milk or almond milk. I'd love to give both a try. What does almond milk taste like?

    What a great guy leaving you a sweet message! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet voicemail! I love that you step back and appreciate it instead of taking it for granted!

    I STILL need to try hemp milk! And thanks for the shampoo review- I still need to try some more natural body products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww what a sweet message! thanks for the review on the shampoo, I will def have to try it now!

    have a great night dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the weekend being much closer now! And that Burt's shampoo sounds AWESOME!! I am obsessed with pomegranates, I think I would love that!

    Have a great day today Lesley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hemp milk sounds interesting... I don't think I'll give it a try though. ;) Your salmon burgers look delish, along with the veggies on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love the quote! have a great evening. I'm glad you're getting some warmer weather. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quote! I've never seen hemp milk. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You kids are eating so well. That's so great!! You also have a great love of life, it's really nice to see your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections