Thursday, January 8, 2009

Broiled Snacks and Boflex

Tomorrow is Friday, woo hoo! We've just about made it to the weekend. Today I came home to find this in my house (plus three more equally large boxes just like this one) ...... this is what we got with our Christmas money, some Amazon gift cards, plus some more. We've both been working longer hours than normal, so we'd like the convenience of working out at home, plus to save money in the long run on a gym membership, we got a Boflex Blaze. (Now it just needs to be assembled ... my husband told me he'd been reading that a lot of people got it together in 2 1/2 hours, so we shall see!) I'll post a picture of the finished product when it exists, haha.

Today after work I come home and ate a banana and some roasted chick peas.
They were very addictive! I just used a can of chick peas drained and rinsed off, sprayed a baking sheet with an abundance of olive oil cooking spray, sprinkled them with pepper, extra spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning, and some garlic powder and broiled them for about 25-30 minutes. Yum!

And here's a random snack I ate yesterday ... a Cinnamon Almond Broiled Banana (I must like to broil things lately).First, cut a banana in half lengthwise, leaving it in it's peel. Then broil for around 10 minutes on aluminum foil, peel side down, or until banana is browning. Then, leaving banana in peel, sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped almonds or walnuts.

Now I've off to cook some dinner, I'm thinking of having Mahi Mahi burgers but I might have to make Erik an Ahi Tuna burger instead. Edit: I did have a Mahi Mahi burger and it was really good!Then I need to cook some chicken breasts for our lunches tomorrow, and make some more rice, as we're just about out. Edit: Erik ended up eating some of the chicken breast I made.We need groceries so I didn't have tons to work with. We had a little over a half of a tomato so I put it in a blender with some minced garlic and basil and oregano, blended that and marinated it over the chicken breasts and then added chopped onions and mushroom and a little bit more dried oregano and basil. I poured some water in the pan and baked it on around 325 until done. I had to take a bite and I really like it (but I LOVE mushrooms!)Anybody having exciting plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Great eats; and cute dogs in the previous post!! :-)

    Weekend plans = enjoying every moment, since I return to classes on Monday - too soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun gift! Josh really wants a bowflex. LOVE roasted chickpeas! They are such a yummy/healthy snack.

    Weekend plans...dinner with some other couple Saturday night, I have to teach Body Step...otherwise...?? You ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm i love roasted chickpeas, yours look incredible!
    I've heard a couple people talk about broiling lately is it really that good, i've never tried it??
    That banana, cinnamon, almond creation is soo creative & looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your evening sounds perfect to me! If you find a good movie, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections