Monday, January 12, 2009

Mini Pizza, Brussels, and Sprouted Quinoa

How was everyone's Monday??

Mine was good, nothing too exciting happened, but nothing too non exciting happened either : ) I'm still loving my Ezekiel cereal and very happy I decided to try it. I'd been eating Original Fiber One but was almost having all the recommended fiber just in my morning cereal, let alone all my other fiber packed food I eat throughout the day, and while I didn't really see a negative effect, I think it was just too much.
A few days ago we had a box sitting on our floor that needed taken out and here is my dog Adrian picking it up and playing with it ... Hyvee had ground turkey meat on sale and they were stocking it when we were getting some so we decided to stock up on it and just took a box of six pounds and it happened to be the same box. I think she knew it used to have meat in it because she was guarding it from our other dog, Rocky ... they're sure something sometimes, haha.

For dinner, I made pizza on a small Ezekiel wrap.First, I put just the wrap in the oven for about 5 minutes on broil so it would harden up. Then, I blended a little less than half a tomato with some minced garlic and basil and oregano for my "sause". I then added thinly chopped mushrooms, onions, zucchini squash, and part of a chicken breast I had in the fridge that needed used. I then sprinkled it with some more basil and oregano and put a little bit of 2% Organic cheese on it, and baked it on around 325 until it was warmed and cheese was melted. And I ate it with some fresh steamed brussels : )In other news, my husband sprouted some quinoa! It needs to sit longer but here's one he pulled out of them that was done ... Sorry, it's a very poor picture! We've never tried sprouting anything before so it's exciting that it's working ... he likes to experiment with things like that and I enjoy watching! : )Anyways, hope everyone has a great evening! Anyone else have anything good for dinner?

8 comments:

  1. Yayyy I can comment! That is so fun that your quinoa sprouted!! Dinner looks very good. I love trying pizza on different bases. Have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza looks sooo yummy! I'm going to have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, cool, how do you sprout quinoa?? That's awesome! And your pizza looks so delicious. Have a great day tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't comment before either!! yay i can now..i was going to comment on your post about your faith and priorities :D I totally relate and really appreciate your words. And that brussel stalk is silly :D They totally freak me out so i'm sticking to the bags! Love your dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Your dog is so cute. Your pizza looks delicious! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go so far to say that anything made with an Ezekiel product is great! I love the pizza idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great eats and gorgeous dog - can't stop commenting about any of that enough!! :-D


    **Just as a heads up: I will not be able to comment on blogs as often now, during this semester, due to work overload (I'm stressed already) - PLEASE know that I'm still loyally reading, but just won't have time to comment. I hope you understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey lovely lady! i came across ur blog from mrs. LC! i have been wondering how to make a pizza on a wrap for a while now--and i guess i have my answer :-) hehee. YAY!! ANYWAYS!!-- i had a yummy din din tonight, an Amy's teryaki bowl with tofu brown rice & fresh veggies-its vegan (although i am not a certified vegan) and quite delicious. i bulked it up with veggies and it was too tasty!!!!

    great blog, we love alot of the same foods ya know :-)

    ill be back soon !! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections