Friday, January 30, 2009

Cereal, Scarves, and 25 Things

Hey all ... the weekend has arrived!

First off, for all those that might care or not care an update on how much I love my still-fairly-new Golden Flax Ezekiel cereal ... I have it with frozen berries, almond milk and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. (I have also recently put a dab of agave nectar in with it, making it taste even better! However, I don't all this all the time). I find myself perfectly content in eating the exact same breakfast every day and look forward to each morning. Yum! In other news, my lovely, crafy, good-at-just-about-everything mom FexEx'ed me three scarves that she made and they had arrived when I got home from work ... I think my favorite is the green one. And though my mom will probably never read this ... Thanks, Mom! (btw, Danelle, if you're reading this, she has instructed me that one is yours, so now you know you're getting one;)
Normally, I don't do things like this, but since all the cool kids are doing it (?), and since I've gotten tagged a few times on Facebook already, and after having read healthy ashley's post, and since I don't have anymore neat recent food pictures, I've decided to follow suit with "25 Random Things About Me" ...

  1. My wonderful husband and I will have been married 2 years already on June 23rd.
  2. All I do at my job is type all day, and I really like it.
  3. I love to read but am finding with my more "real job", "grown up" life it's hard to find any time to do it.
  4. I love food.
  5. I'm extremely grateful I had my sister growing up. We've always been really close and now live six hours away from each other and I often really miss her.
  6. I feel like I have really started to become "me" this past year or so and am loving it.
  7. I want to become more spontaneous as my life seems to get busier and busier and I start to feel older and older.
  8. I recently have been thinking I may want to pursue something like a Nutritionist degree.
  9. I want to love people and be known for my love for them.
  10. The thing I want the very most in my life is to be apart of what God is doing.
  11. My prayer is, "Lord, Thy government come, Thy policy be done on earth as it is in heaven".
  12. Only within the past couple years have I become interested in health, nutrition and cooking.
  13. I love my husband more and more each day and am SO thankful for him and our live together.
  14. In high school, I often preferred hanging out with my grandma on a Saturday night rather than doing anything else. (that's just how cool she is;)
  15. I think brussell sprouts are really good.
  16. I never dated nor kissed anyone until I met my now-husband.
  17. Sometimes I depend on my daily routine too much and forget to have fun and just live life.
  18. I love the feeling after a good workout after I didn't feel like working out but did it anyways. (ha, a couple years ago I never worked out and never thought I'd love it).
  19. My husband and I love to workout and lift together.
  20. I'm grateful and amazed at the (un)answered prayers that have happened in my life.
  21. Just like my sister, I often miss times with my best friend growing up, Danelle, and don't know what I would ever have done without her.
  22. I never realized how much work puppies really can be until we had two at the same time.
  23. I like to watch good movies.
  24. I think it would be neat if there were still balls like in Pride & Prejudice, and I think it would be neat if I could talk like that.
  25. I love this journey of life. I'm grateful for the past, doing my best to live in the now, and am excited for the future!
And that's all for now! I'm sure I'll think of things I would have rather put up there later but oh well!

Have a great weekend!!! Anyone have exciting plans?

15 comments:

  1. I love your 25 things! We are so similar it's ridiculous. 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,17,18,21,23,24,25. Wow!! And obviously some of those differences are only natural (i.e. I'll be married a year to my husband on July 26 instead of your number 1 lol). 16/25 for random things isn't that bad at all! I wish we lived close to each other, we could totally hang out and be real life friends too!! (haha that sounds sooo creepy, weird, and online stalkerish lol...but I'm pretty sure you know I don't mean it like that!)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scarves! Great 25 things! I was married on July 20, 2007!!! Yay, same summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im loving the 25 random things trend lately, im learning so much about people (bloggers, facebooker, etc)

    your mom is the cutest, that black and white scarf is adorable

    happy friday. i have to work tomorrow, so enjoy the weekend for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw i love learning new things about people! glad you made the list.

    i WISH i was doing something cool this weekend, but school is consuming my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome facts! So, is your husband your first love then? That is so cool!

    And those scarves are so awesome! Your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading these 25 random things about you! glad to get to know you a little bit better...as for the "exciting" weekend plans...I'm gonna...go to church and worship God! hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so funny! I couldn't agree more! I still feel like a kid with grown up responsibilities. I get worn out for sure! Have a fun weekend, and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4, 10 and 15 are totally me too :D! My mom makes me scarves too! I'm SO not crafty or artsy at all and my mom is the bessst at that stuff, thanks so much for your well wishes too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny, I got tagged on facebook and just finished my list right this minute! Maybe I'll post mine on my blog, like you did. Loved reading your 25 things. Your greenhouse idea sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your 25 random things about me. I've seen this on facebook too and enjoy those as well. Now I have to go check out your link! Cool that you enjoyed hanging out with yor Grandma. I hope she reads your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool post. I need to do this! My favorite random thing:
    "I feel like I have really started to become "me" this past year or so and am loving it."

    I think that is just super.

    Have a great weekend chica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous scarves!! I make my own too :-)

    Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great list! I love reading things like that. And the scarves are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, I just finished making my list of 25. I really liked yours! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your 25 things! it was so fun reading about them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections