Friday, January 9, 2009

Grocery List

I'm glad it's the weekend : )

I'm just sitting here drinking some True Blueberry tea as I'm figuring out my grocery list. (Anyone else love tea as much as me?) We're going to get groceries at Whole Foods tomorrow ... hooray!!! (That excites me so much because we live an hour away and we don't get to make it there too often). Typically, we get our groceries at Hyvee (they have a pretty good health food section at least). But there are things that we can't get anywhere here that we have to stock up while we're there.

Produce
  • mushrooms
  • apples (lots of them)
  • tangerines
  • tomatoes
  • spinach leaves
  • baby carrots
  • zucchini squash
  • couple sweet potatoes
  • few lemons
  • peppers
  • kale
  • frozen veggies
  • frozen berries (no sugar added of course)
Meat -- (though we'll probably still have to get our chicken and turkey meat at Hyvee)
  • chicken breasts
  • ground turkey meat
  • shrimp (haven't cooked with it much, but want to try)
Dairy
  • Organic skim milk (lots of it - for Erik to drink and for me to make yogurt)
  • Organic eggs
  • Organic cheese
  • Non-dairy, buuuut almond milk (for my cereal)
Canned/Packaged/Misc.
  • Canned tuna/wild salmon
  • Almonds (natural)
  • Truvia (does anyone else use Truvia, if so what do you think of it ... or what is your favorite sweetener?)
  • Organic canned beans (garbanzo, pinto, black, and white)
  • Ezekiel bread
  • Ezekiel Penne pasta
  • Ezekiel cereal (can you tell we like Ezekiel/Food for Life food?)
  • Ezekiel small wraps
  • Wild rice (we get a lot and all kinds of different brown/wild rices when we're there that we can't get here)
  • Quinoa
  • Curry powder (this is a spice I don't have and haven't really ever used that I want to try)
  • Tea bags
  • Heinz less sugar ketchup
  • gum
  • frozen veggies (espeically brussels!)
  • frozen berries
  • cacao nibs
And I think that's about all ... when we're at Whole Foods we not only stock up on certain things, but we kinda splurge and just look around to see if there's anything else we want to try since we don't get to shop there often.

Tomorrow along with grocery shopping our project is to put together the Boflex ... I'm excited to have it up. While I was on the tredmill tonight I coudln't help but staring at the empty space in the corner where it'll go. Have a good weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I WAS AT WHOLE FOODS TODAY!!! It's literally my second home, since I'm there 2-3 times per week, haha :-D

    Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections