Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whole Foods Recap, Homemade Sprouted Bread

Hey all!

I feel like it's been forever since I last posted but it's only been a day! ha. This weekend has felt really long and way too short at the same time. Anyways, our Whole Foods trip/grocery shopping was good, as always. We were out of just about everything it seems. In fact, I didn't realize how much we didn't have until my husband cleaned out the fridge yesterday morning before we left (he's the best, btw!!). Here it is before ... aaaand after ... That's much better : ) Here are some of our Whole Food trip highlights...
Yes, I finally got some almond butter and I love it!! It's definitely a toss up between cashew butter and almond butter for favorites at the moment. Along with that, some more cacao nibs, coconut butter, organic vanilla, cacao powder, and some natural toothpaste. Haven't ever used any and didn't really know what kind to get but we were out of toothpaste and thought why not? I like it so far.

As you can tell, a couple of those new items are baking items which leads me to this ... my husband made his first attempt at flour less, sprouted bread yesterday and it went very well! We didn't even have a clue if it would turn out and it needs perfected but it tasted really good and now we know it will work. So ... here is some more sprouting grains in the making for some more near future bread making perfection ... Today has been good, too, but as this post is already becoming pretty long I'll probably talk more about it tomorrow ...

So, you all have a great Sunday evening!! Anyone ready for Monday yet? (Personally, I'd like to have one more day of weekend! haha).

Also ... Kelly at Every Gym's Nightmare is having a "The World is Fat" book giveway that ends this Friday, Janary 30th so check it out : )

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, love your fridge! Full of tasty eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome looking fridge!! Sounds like you had a great WF trip, and that bread looks delish too! I'm with ya on wanting an extra day. I'm ok with tomorrow being Monday, but who's to turn down a long weekend!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, great pics of you fridge! So glad you had a wonderful trip! Everything looks delicious! Have a fabulous night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! you weren't kidding when you said you needed groceries!!!! your fridge was empty! It looks much better now that it is full! Have a great sunday and enjoy your YUMMY food the rest of the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley!
    I am officially addicted to greek yogurt now because of you. I bought some dried goji berries today to test out because I saw them on your blog. What do you eat them with? And I absolutely LOVE almond butter. Probably the best stuff ever... it is amazing with apples. I dip sliced apples in it for a snack mmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you needed a trip to Whole Foods!

    I have always been intimidated by spouting my own grains. I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a stocked fridge! I need to try almond butter but i'm still scurred :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the WFs trip was a huge success! I have always wanted to try natural toothpaste- what brand did you buy? Love all of the sprouting grains. What recipe did your husband use for the bread? Ready for Monday- Never ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I love your before and after pics of the fridge...wow sprouted bread...that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Stopping by to say have a great MONDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh WOW you guys really stocked up that fridge!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout out!

    I love a freshly stocked fridge- doesnt get much better!

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections