Monday, January 5, 2009

My Menu For The Day

Well, Monday is over. Did anyone else have a quick Monday? I guess a quick Monday is always good, so I can't complain.

Here was my menu for the day ...

5:30 a.m. -- I started out my day with my typical breakfast of Fiber One with some cinnamon sprinkled in with almond milk, followed by an egg white on a piece of toasted cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread and a little bit of Heinz less sugar ketchup (I typically eat my cereal before work and then take my half egg sandwich to work with me and drink it with my tea) ...
6:30 a.m. -- about when I eat my egg and toast.

9:30 a.m. -- break time in which today I ate a cup of homemade Greek yogurt very similar to yesterday's (see previous blog for picture and ingrediants) ... typically on my morning breaks if I don't have yogurt I have a banana or apple or other likewise delicious fruit.

12:30 p.m. -- lunch time! I chew a lot of sugar free gum and drink a lot of water in between these three hours, haha, espeically that last hour ... I'm always ready for lunch! Today I had a salad very similar to yesterday's (hey, it was good so I felt like having just about the same thing again!) It was a delicious spinach leaf salad with a little more than half a chicken breast, rice, chopped mushroom, zuchinni squash, yellow squash, onions, avacado, apples, some dried cranberries all with a dash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, garlic and herb seasoning sprayed with white wine vinegarette. I ate this with some baby carrots.

3:45 p.m. -- I decided to call it a day and go home. I then had a banana and half a slice of Ezekiel bread with peanut butter on it. Yum!

In between this snack and dinner I cheated and had a small apple ... no picture for it.

5:30ish -- dinner time! I made turkey burgers tonight on the good old George Foreman. I chopped up some onions and mushrooms really small and put them inside of the burgers as I made patties. With dinner, we had a bean/veggie mix that included black beans, white beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans, brocolli, carrots, cauliflower aaaand I had to add some brussels. (I know, some more repeats of recent previous nights, but we love our veggies and don't seem to get tired of them ... except Erik told me yesterday he's tired of brussels, ha, so that's why I gave him the option of beans and other veggies;). Erik had two burgers with organic american cheese on them and rice, and I ate a turkey burger with a slice of cheese on toasted Ezekiel bread (I kinda had a lot of bread today) ... and veggies. Erik's plate (before he added cheese) ... My plate ... Sometime between dinner and around 8:45 I had another small apple :s ... I wasn't indending to have this one but Erik was eating an apple and it just looked so good. I have a big bag of small apples that I got on sale that Erik doesn't like so I just went for it and had another one.

8:45 p.m. -- I then had my usual before bed serving of natural almonds (around 24) and a cup of tea (no almond picture, just tea ... ) And that's a somewhat typical day of what I eat on a day-to-day basis but of course varies depending on what I feel like eating. (and typically minus a few apples :s ... though if I have a case of the munchies I normally try to eat something like carrots or cucumbers or celery rather than fruit ... though today, I did not) ...

I don't quite remember when I actually consciously started eating four to six meals or "mini meals" a day, but I sure never knew you could eat that many times a day and have it be healthy or even be able to loose weight while doing so ... but that's a whole nother blog for another time...

Hope everyone's Monday went well and that Tuesday goes even better! : )

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections