Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Confession

As is evident, I've sort of recently become very interested in healthy foods, healthy eating, etc. When I was loosing some extra weight I had gained after my husband and I got married I spent a lot of time reading about it, and thinking about it, as before I really hadn't cared about what I ate at all and felt pretty healthy (ha, though I didn't eat as 'healthy' as I thought.)

Then I think I reached that age where you just can no longer eat whatever you want and not gain weight. I'm pretty sure I gained the infamous "freshman fifteen" when I started college, etc, and started to realize if I didn't do something, I'd probably just keep gaining weight. That's when I enlisted help from my certified personal trainer, former bodybuilder, health exercise science major husband who taught me a lot! (and who I still continue to learn from).

Now after having lost the almost 20 pounds I had slowly but surely gained in a year or two's time, I feel great and I find I really enjoy health and nutrition. (Perhaps one of these days I'll post what I did to loose weight and get into shape).

I'm finding great enjoyment in blogging about healthy eating, getting comments on my blog ;), trying new recipes, learning more about nutrition, but lately I've had to remind myself that this is not who I am. It's a great thing, but sometimes with my busy schedule I find my priorities slowly shifting.

I'm glad I've realized how much I enjoy learning about nutrition and about eating healthy and I will continue to pursue it and enjoy it ... and hopefully help others along the way.

But despite it all, this is my confession, my life ... (and since I can't say it better myself, I'll borrow The Apostles Creed) ...

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell.
The third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen."

-the apostles creed-
And this is my prayer for this world, for this nation, for every person, for the Church, for my life ...

"Our Father in Heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
May your government come.
May your policy be done,
on earth as it is in the heavens.
Give us today the food we need,
and forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into times of testing and temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one.
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever.
Amen."

(A Thousand Questions <--- I watched this video earlier. Ever time I watch it, it's just as intense as the first time I saw it and always makes me tear up and think...)

I want to be known for loving and helping. Lord, here am I, send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections