Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Ha, so I'm not sure why I decided to title this "Terrific Tuesday", it just sounded like fun. Today was yet another day that flew by pretty fast ... does anyone else think time has flown this past week or so?

I came home from work and saw that our sprouted quinoa was all done sprouting. I tried it and it's so good, and I especially love all the added nutrients due to it being freshly sprouted ... I can't wait to have some on my salad for lunch tomorrow! My husband currently has two other things in the process of sprouting, I'll let you know what they are when they're done ; ) ... gotta keep a little suspense, you know? It got all cold here today (high tomorrow is 24 and it's supposed to be windy, yuck ... it could be worse though) ... so I was also freezing when I got home from work so I had a cup of Tazo wild sweet orange tea with some Truvia packets ... I love tea! (I also had a banana, a few almonds, and snitched a few too many bites out of the leftover black bean soup that's in the fridge :s) I've been wanting to make sweet potato fries for a long time now and I finally did it tonight ... they turned out great! I chopped up a couple small sweet potatoes, tossed them in a little bit of olive oil, some chili powder, dried basil and dried oregano before putting then in the oven. I then left them in at around 425 for almost 40 minutes, flipping them over every 10. Before ... ... and after with dinner. With the fries, I had a mini Ezekiel wrap with a chopped mahi mahi burger on it topped with chopped spinach leaves and mushrooms with some less sugar Heinz ketchup on top. Yum! : ) For dessert ... "ice cream" that my husband made yesterday using homeade almond milk and frozen bananas ... (even though I'm already freezing, haha, I seem to get cold easily though). What's the weather like for you? If it's 60 or above, wanna trade?

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Today was a terrific tuesday! yayy for the sprouted quinoa. I need to try doing that. Tell me how it is on the salad. Homemade icream sounds so good right now. The weather here never seems to get too chilly (knock on wood ;)). Today it was rainy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's freezing here. I hate the cold weather! Sweet potato fries are awesome. Yours look great! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad you like legends of the hidden temple too! haha

    All the food looks soooo good!

    Unfortunately, the weather here is no where near above 60...in fact I think its supposed to be in the single digits tonight and for the rest of the week. :( My boyfriend lives in California and he said that it is in the 80s! Can we say jealous?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm i love sweet potato. Lovely blog you have.

    xxx Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mug in this post...where did you get it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections