Monday, January 26, 2009

Water, Chili, and Almond Cheese

Well, weather's back to being 16 degrees and snowy here in my part of Missouri ... joy oh joy. Ha, but despite the cold, my Monday went very well.

Here's some more weekend recaps ... one of the most exciting things was that we got a reverse osmosis, yay! Tap water is disgusting, and I don't like buying a bunch of bottled water so I really hadn't been drinking like any water when I'm home. I just try to drink a bunch at work when I have the water/ice machine, haha ... (though I'm not sure that tastes great either but it's typically so cold I don't notice). My wonderful husand put that in on Saturday and now our water tastes good! : ) Not a very good picture but here is our lovely new clean water spout. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday so after church we had her over for lunch. We had turkey and white bean chili served with a spinach salad that had chopped apples, carrots, dried pitted dates, almond cheese, and dried goji berries with some good ole Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning with red wine vinnegerette. (sorry, no salad picture). Here's the basic recipe I used for the chili in case anyone cares, but I made mine in the crock pot, added some black eyed peas and rice, and just chopped up plain old tomatoes. Speaking of almond cheese ... we also got some of that this weekend because Hyvee was out of the cheese we normally get. That being said, we may not get the cheese we normally get anymore becuase this is so good! We got mozzarella and cheddar and they're both really tasty! I would definitely recommend it.

And to end this blog, here's a random quote for the day that I like to think about by C.S. Lewis (does anybody LOVE the Chronicles of Narnia as much as me??)

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained." -CS Lewis

Hope you all had a great Monday! : )



13 comments:

  1. That chili sounds good! I love cheese!!! Hope you had a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, 16 degrees!! It was 60 degrees here in Arizona today and I was cold. :) We also just got a reverse osmosis system a few months ago. You're gonna love it!! I like it because now I know I can cook with clean water, it's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I only saw the Chronicles of Narnia - Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, and haven't read their books. -lol- So, I guess that doesn't really count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almond cheese? Hmmm. Sounds very interesting.

    I love the Chronicles of Narnia, too. I read all the books when I was little and I'm working my way through all of them again on audio. I want to see the movies when I'm finished, but I'm afraid that it will ruin the stories for me. Are they worth seeing or should I stick with the books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm so excited about your review of the almond cheese. They sell it at the new store I found by where I am working, and I keep thinking about buying it, but I haven't heard of anyone else trying it before. Since you like it now, I will definitely buy it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love narnia, and i feel ya on the cold, its frigid in the teens here in nyc...

    btw, that before and after of the fridge is AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have NEVER seen almond cheese! how is that possible?!

    so sorry about the freezing weather :( i cant really complain about malibu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey girl! We have one of those faucets in our apartment and I LOVE it. I have pretty much sworn off bottled water- yayy for saving the environment! Thanks for the "cheese" review. I have really been wanting to try that. Have a great Tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have ever had almond cheese. I'll have to try this. I used to live in Lawrence, KS and your mention of Hy-Vee brings back tons of memories. I really miss their salad bars. I know that seems a little silly, but in TX you can't find one usually. Sorry about the weather. I have to find that reverse osmosis faucet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your chili looks so dense and filling and nutritious! yum...
    I've always been suspicious of cheese-substitutes, actually, after quite a bad experience with some "rice" cheese that I hated...
    btw, I'm a christian too and am uber-pleased to meet another devout child of God in this blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. almond cheese. weird. i dont know if I owuld enjoy that one.

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. almond cheese? i've never heard of it! i might have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never heard of Almond Cheese - but am interested. Two of my favorite things! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections