Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Sprouting Extravaganza

Ha, so I made my title a little more exciting than it is because we really haven't spourted that much, but it sounded fun and exciting.

Hooray for Saturday! I was sort of bummed about this weekend when it began because Erik was supposed to work all day, and we originally wouldn't have had time to do anything "fun" together, which is something I think we both need right now. Buuuut, it has turned into a better Saturday than I anticipated.

I went to work for about four hours this morning and then stopped by Target to pick up a few things, meanwhile, my husband got off work early!! yay!! : )

So, as I previously mentioned in an earlier blog about our sprouting quinoa, I mentioned that my husband had started sprouting a few other things, too ... and now excitingly they're about done! First up, kidney beans ... they're so crunchy and good! Not all of them are done, but they're sprouting great. Next up, sprouted wild rice ... You can't see them very good in this picture, so here's a cute little sprouted ricelette (yes, I think I made that word up) haha. Watching these sprout has been a lot of fun for us! Here's a picture of a sprouted quinoa that my husband discovered this morning as he was putting some quinoa in his lunch. It has such a huge sprout I coudln't resist showing you all! As far as my eats so far today ... I had the best cup of yogurt ever this morning. I guess my combinations were just right or something? I don't have a picture, because I wasn't expecting it to taste that good and I've photographed my yogurt before. Anyways, it had ground flax seeds and cacao nibs, a packet of truvia, some tart frozen cherries, aaand I sprinkled just a little agave nectar on top. Yum! Here was lunch ... A small Ezekiel wrap with some of last night's leftovers in it with a little of this on top ...... and an apple.

That's about all I can think to say for now ... hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday!

As for me, I've got a hot date tonight with my husband! ; )

8 comments:

  1. that is so cool, ive never seen sprouted quinoa! the only thing we've sprouted is mung beans, but sprouting wild rice would be awesome!
    i love the sound of your yogurt mix-ins sounds great have a fabulous date!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so neat with the sprouting! Glad you had a wonderful weekend afterall, and a tasty one, might I add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and deliciousness!!

    Enjoy your hot date - ooh la la ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, have fun on your hot date!! :)

    Sprouting looks like so much fun. I'm so intrigued in the whole sprouting process and sprouted bread, sprouted penne, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh! My comment keeps getting erased! The sprouting looks great- I really want to try this. Hooray for the husband getting off early. Enjoy your date kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEH those sproutings are funny! I JUST ran outta mustard today! Maybe I'll pick up that kind it sounds tasty! I was just catchin up on your blog, how were those ezek buns?? I'm due for a shopping trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those sprouts! I am obsessed with honey mustard. I just had some last night and couldn't get enough. Hope you had a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm adding you to my blogroll. Hope this is okay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections