Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good Church and Good Lunch

I feel like I blog all the time lately, but I'm enjoying myself and it gives me something to do besides mindlessly messing around Facebook for longer than I should ... anyways, Erik and I got up a little before 7 when the dogs woke us up ready to go out. I ate my usual breakfast of around a cup of original Fiber One cereal sprinkled with cinnamon in almond milk, followed by an egg white on a piece of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread (I love Ezekiel bread)!

Then we went to church (church was really good as usual!), came home and had some lunch. I was only going to have some yogurt and tea and eat lunch a little later, but Erik ended up giving me some of what he was eating, so I just decided I wouldn't wait. Anyways, first I had a cup of some homemade Greek-strained yogurt ... I put some flax seed, cacao nibs, and some Fiber One cereal in the coffee grinder, ground them, and put it in my yogurt along with a packet of Truvia sweetener and some raspberries ... yum! And had some Goji berry hot tea. For himself, Erik cooked a Salmon burger ... (we like these burgers, especially when we want something quick and easy) ...... he chopped it up with some tomato, zucchini squash, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, carrots, half an apple, and added some rice/grains that we cooked yesterday, seasonings, put it with some spinach leaves, and sprayed a couple sprays of balsamic breeze spray dressing on it. I'm glad he decided to share with me because it was really good! Now I really should go do some fun and exciting things like laundry and dishes, hooray! haha.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice Sunday morning! I have never made yogurt but really want to try (especially since greek yogurt is SO expensive! Hope your sunday afternoon/night was equally as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment :D I look forward to reading your blog! I'm so bummin', I started a dance team so I'm missing church on Sundays, but hopefully I can go on Sat. night. I love those salmon burger, TJ's has good ones, and also a chicken-lime burger that's great! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! your yoghurt looks great (i Love raspberries), cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always grind my own flax seed in a coffee grinder! haha I don't even like coffee, so that's the primary use my grinder gets. :) Curious though - where did you find the cacao nibs? They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections