Friday, January 16, 2009

Clean Eating

I sort of feel lame tonight because it's 7:30 on a Friday night and I have just finished a long, hot shower and now I'm all snuggled up in bed with my laptop and a magazine ... and it feels good!! (But, hey, I'm working tomorrow, so it's okay, right?) I discovered a magazine, Clean Eating, yesterday that I really like. If they're all like this one, it may just be one of my favorite magazines. It has a ton of neat, healthy recipes in it that, some of which I just might be trying this coming week. For dinner tonight, this sounded good ... (excuse the bad picture with the giant flash in the middle) We had Baked Sprouted Grain (I love Ezekiel!!) Penne with Chicken and Asparagus.It could have tasted better with some more tomato sauce buuut I used all I had. (I make my own "sauce" by simply blending together in a blender chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, and olive oil ... healthy and yummy and quick!) First, I preheated the oven at 325, meanwhile I sauteed some onions and mushrooms, sliced some chicken breasts and added them to the onions and mushrooms. While this was going on, I cooked the penne about halfway and then strained. Then, I slightly steamed some asparagus. Once the chicken was pretty much cooked, I mixed everything all together with the tomato sauce, and but it in a baking dish. I then sprinkled it with a little bit of cheese and chopped spinach and baked it for around 20 minutes.As to not eat too much penne, I added some brussel sprouts to my plate. Though it doesn't look very appetizing, I promise it tasted very good!

Now I'm off to finish my magazine, drink my sweet orange Tazo hot tea, and enjoy my relaxing evening : )

4 comments:

  1. A love relaxing evenings. It is so comforting, and that is what I look forward to. Gotta love Tazo tea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your dinner looks good and the sauce you made sounds wonderful! I was reading your last post about goji berries and I feel the same way, I'm not sure if I really like them. I'm leaning more towards no, I don't like them, but supposedly they're really good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous Friday night to me! I'm interested in that magazine. Can't wait to see some of your recipes! Dinner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Happy Friday! Have fun on your trip to WFs. We went tonight (I got chobani, carob chips, bars, protein, refried black beans, potstickers.) I go to the grocery 1 x per week. We pack our lunches every day and eat all dinners at home except 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections