Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hola chicas ... I'm back!

I had absolutely no time to blog this weekend, as my husband and I stayed really busy (but got a lot done and had a really good weekend : ) .... so here's a little bit about it ...

First off, I've gotta brag on my little 2nd cousin a little. He was in a Universal Studios commercial last night during the Superbowl. Here he is as the little super hero boy ...
It was really neat seeing him on TV : )

Saturday: My husband made flourless sprouted bread number 3 using sprouted lentils.

Before ... And after... the consistency was a lot better this time than last, but it didn't rise like we wanted it to. I bought myself some grapefruit this weekend and had myself a very tasty spinach leaf salad with tuna, almond cheese, rice, chopped carrots, mushrooms, seasonings and red wine vinaigrette with a grapefruit ... yum! Sunday: On Sunday night rather than watch the Superbowl (aside from the commercial mentioned previously) ... we rented Eagle Eye and watched it instead. We were feeling worn out from our weekend and felt like some kind of dessert.

We really rarely ever eat sweets such as ice cream and/or chocolate (except for cacao nibs). So we made a spontaneous decision to go to Hyvee and get some! Here's what I had ... aaaand ... I really never eat bars either just because I always figure I'd rather just have real fruit and/or food to make up for as many calories and sugar are in a little bar, but I decided to try a Clif nectar cacao bar. (Mostly due to a recent review of them made by Fake Food Free) ... My Review: I really like how the ingredients are only organic dates, organic walnuts, organic unsweetened chocolate, organic cocoa, and organic vanilla. I was pretty impressed with the taste, too and actually really liked it. I think I could definitely see myself snacking on one of these once in awhile, especially when I have a dessert and/or chocolate craving ... yum! I'm glad I tried it.

I think a little bit of ice cream did me good, too ; ) Since I rarely, rarely have it, it's fun to splurge a little bit.

Oh, and I got my blogger Secret Cupid gift alllll ready to send off today : )

How was your Monday?

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I have to send my gift in the mail tomorrow! And tasty tasty eats! Thus far, my Monday has been pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo cool about your little cousin!

    Hope your having a good monday girlie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ice cream. :) Your little cousin was so cute! My husband and I both commented "aw, cute kid and cute commercial" on that one. :)

    I just got my blogger for the Secret Cupid exchange this AM - I'm a little stuck because they're not a foodie, and I guess kind of into fitness but not really...I was looking through some past entries and I have zero clue what to get them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! How are you? I tagged you tonight ;) That is so cool that your cousin is in that commercial! yayyy for the sweets. I love having bars around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I just found your blog! That's so cool about your cousin:) I think I'm going to have to try that bar now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great weekend! That's awesome about your little cousin! Thanks for the bar review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not always good about weekend blogging either..

    That bread looks really interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that commercial! I can't believe you're related to the star! seriously, I think that is just too cool :)

    I just tried that bar too! Yummy, but definitely different-tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow how amazing is it that your cousin is in that commercial! that is so fun! that bar sounds gooood, and that ice cream doesn't look half bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WELCOME BACK!!

    Thanks for the bar review!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember that commercial. What a cutie! I don't think I've ever seen those Clif bars. Have to keep my eyes open because they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that's so awesome about your cousin! you've got a little star in your family! bread made with sprouted lentils sound so interesting, but wasn't it really dense? so healthy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABBBUL0US LES!! Love it! HELL0 BRAD PITT JR :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun that your cousin was on the commercial!! :) Do you make your own red wine vinegarette? I'm looking for some good (and healthy) salad dressing recipes. I don't really like any of the bottled salad dressings. Your splurge looks good, ice cream... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute little Cousin! I missed you over the weekend! I'm glad you had a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm really excited to read yours too. I'm always up for new reads on health and nutrition!

    That's so cool that your cousin was in a commercial...especially during the super bowl. Randomly enough, I didn't see it because my husband and I didn't watch the Super Bowl either. We rented Eagle Eye instead! What did you think about it?

    I saw the review for that Clif bar on Fake Food Free as well. After hearing your review too I may have to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great eats and how fun to be related to a little star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love some grapefruit right now. We can't get it in Brazil. :( Thanks for the mention. I really like those bars. I'm looking forward to trying more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lentil bread!? thats awesome- I bet its really good.

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections