Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome to my house & my Sunday

Happy Sunday!!

Even though it means Monday is fast approaching, Sunday’s are seriously one of my favorite days of the week. I love sleeping in (a little) and then taking my time with breakfast and lounging a little before going to church. This morning I had an oatmeal protein powder pancake (a little too well done :s)

Picture 59498

It’s beautiful here today!  It’s been cold and rainy lately and fall has been acting an awful lot like winter … but finally …. a beautiful fall day! It’s about 70 degrees and I’m loving it!

I’ve so far spent a lot of time playing with the dogs. (Read: throwing Rocky’s stick a million times for her to go fetch and petting Adrian non  stop). Ours dogs are so different. Rocky only wants to go chase her stick and Adrian only wants to be doted on.

Picture 59528

I opened all my curtains to let all the sunshine in and decided to take some pictures of our new furniture. (Ha, and they’re kind of ultra bright, aka too bright but oh well!)

First up … couch and chair in the living room

Picture 59502

Picture 59505

All together with a bonus of Erik flashing by …

Picture 59510

Picture 59507

This drafting table is what I got Erik for his birthday in September.  And next to it is his signed Johnny Cash guitar.

Picture 59519

And some new bedroom furniture.  (Please excuse the current lack of art and accessories throughout as well as the ultra bright sun).

Picture 59512

Picture 59517

And, yes, as you can see, we have a very odd shaped bedroom. There are little nooks with dormers that are virtually good for nothing on both sides.

Picture 59518

And I couldn’t forget the old man of the house … clearly he has a pretty rough life. (He’s also on a doggie diet! haha. But for 13 years old and 150 lbs, I’d say he’s doin’ pretty good).

Picture 59531

And that’s all. I now “have to” go to Target to get some dog food among other things and Hyvee for a few grocery items.

How was your Halloween and weekend??

 

-Lesley

 

12 comments:

  1. There is something really nice about Sundays (even though I only want to hate them ;)). Ah! All of the new furniture looks SO good. Your bedroom set is beautiful and I really love the drafting table (I guess thats the engineer in me ;)). Glad you guys had fun watching movies last night. Honestly- that is like my favorite thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was really nice here today too, I LOVE sunny days! I went on a long walk with my parents, which rarely happens.

    Lesley, I LOVE your home! Your new furniture is so amazing, it's modern, but not TOO modern....what it is? I don't know my decorating terms, but I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your place is so warm and cozy :) I love the new furniture!

    that pancake looks fabulous -- how did you make it, love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LESLEY!!! Your house is like a model home!!!! IT IS SO GORGEOUS!!! I see you in the mirror :) Pancake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loove lazy Sundays! I reserve mine strictly for baking/making lunches for the week, cleaning, etc. NO homework! I love your place--it's so modern looking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sunday mornings too! They are always so relaxed and calm. So good for the soul!

    I love your new furniture! It's so hip and sheek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely place! i love all the colors you picked out. i can't wait to get to a point where we can start decorating like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley your bedroom is GORGEOUS. Particularly your bed!! Seriously it's like I"m watching HGTV!! :)

    Has anyone ever said your homepage picture up on the top (where you're lookin' down) really reminds them of Miley Cyrus? Or am I crazy? hehehe Take it as a compliment please! I think Miley is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dogs and home are both beautiful! I kind of like oddly shaped rooms, they've got character! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha, I totally laughed about the fetch stick. It is a log!!

    Your house is really beautiful. You've done a good job decorating it, especially since it has odd corners everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The furniture is adorable. I love it. The chair is so cute. I love a lazy Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections