Thursday, November 5, 2009

What to eat when you’re out of everything

Are you tired of hearing dog stories yet? Ha. I’ve got another one.

Here is what Erik found when he got home today … can you guess the culprit?? (hint: he’s right there)

Picture 59595

Thankfully, Bubba rarely ever gets in the trash but for whatever reason, he decided it looked like fun today :p I think we need a lid, ha.

Picture 59594

We are pretty much out of everything right now so dinner was “be creative” night.

I toasted some Ezekiel bread and ate it with hummus and zucchini.

Picture 59599

It was very flavorful and surprisingly satisfying.

Picture 59601

I then ate an apple that I chopped up and microwaved with:

  • a little pb
  • a little almond milk
  • allspice (I was out of cinnamon)
  • stevia in the raw

Picture 59604

I’m glad tomorrow is Friday!

I’m excited for the weekend because we have nothing planned : )

Happy Thursday Day/Friday!

 

-Lesley

 

11 comments:

  1. Oh no! what a mess! Nice dinner creation though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Dogs...what can ya do! Way to be creative with what you had. The sammy looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, is that zucchini raw? I don't think I've tried zucchini raw before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zukes + hummus = my easy go to dinner, too. I love the combo of raw zukes + hummus...soo good! I think I ate that 100x this summer.

    Oh, dogs. Sometimes they can get into a little too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least dogs can keep things interesting!! Have a wonderful/relaxing weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man!! What a disaster! I guess a dog will do that sometimes..it happens.

    Your apple dish sounds delicious. I'm actually making oatmeal and apple cobbler tonight for a football party we are going to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhhhh no!!! i bet you guys were thrilled to come home and find a trash trail!!! that definitely calls for a lid :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. My dog did that... and then once she found all the goodies in the trash, she started doing it every.single.day. *()@*(&@^ I literally had to special order an expensive special trashcan that she couldn't break into. I hope your dog is a little kinder to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh LOVE the zukes and humdiddy sammy! hahaha your pup is hilarious! the little culprit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha it looks like Bubba had a house party while you were out ;) naughty naughtyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm...your simple sandwich sounds yummy. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections