Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The lion and the lamb together

Happy Hump Day! … I’m glad it’s getting closer to the weekend! I love weekends.

 

The Lion and the Lamb

Yesterday I came home from work to see the unthinkable. Erik had Bubba and Adrian outside walking them TOGETHER.

(In case you missed it, Bubba is my father-in-law’s 150 lb Akita that we’ve had for over a month now while he’s in the hospital/living community. He is not known for being a nice dog and hasn’t been around other dogs before and he could easily eat both of our dogs. When Bubba met Adrian a month ago he immediately growled at her and did not show affection for her in any form).

Picture 59575

So … Erik somehow whipped out his Dog Whisperer skills and now they magically get along! It’s like a lion and a lamb laying next to each other (well, sort of?)

Picture 59573

Adrian has always been very submissive to other dogs though so if she does something to make Bubba mad she’ll just submit to him.

I don’t know if we’ll ever get Rocky and Bubba to get along because Rocky would NOT submit to Bubba and would totally be up in his face. (I told Erik I don’t want to be around if he attempts that :s)

This has solved some of our Adrian problems (aka digging out of the yard all the time out of boredom) because now she can come inside with Bubba. Hooray … my husband is good at everything!Picture 59579

Ha, so thank for listening to my dog story of the day and looking at my poor quality pictures.

Food

I’ll be totally honest here and tell you that I had the exact same thing for dinner tonight as last night. A lot of you commented and said you were going to eat an egg sammie today  because of it and so I just kept thinking about it and I couldn’t resist! ; )

Fitness

45 minutes on the treadmill this morning (walking on incline).

Tonight I did chest and Erik did tris. I basically just benched really light weight (well, just the bar) and I did:

  • warm-up set of 12
  • 2 sets of normal grip to failure
  • 2 sets of wide grip to failure
  • 2 sets of close grip to failure
  • 2 sets chest flies

I focused on my chest muscles and made really slow movements to really focus on feeling it. By my last set I literally had to have Erik’s help to get just the bar back up :s. Haha.

The end! : )

How do you stay motivated to workout and eat healthy in these holiday and cold-weather filled months ahead?

 

-Lesley

 

11 comments:

  1. The dinner my husband made tonight was pure NASTY-NESS!! But I told him it was delish.

    "hey doggies!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are both vegetarians so we plan on bringing our own food during holiday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome that the puppers are getting along! Hoooray! I do repeat din dins often. If its good, its good! I just try to keep bathing suit season in mind and that helps me limit my splurges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, dog whisperer, i like that!

    It's hard to stay motivated during these cold months, especially since I dread even walking outside sometimes. I just remind myself how much better I feel when I eat healthy and workout. It usually takes one day of eating crappy or not working out, and I know WHY I do it in the first place! I wish I had a bf who worked out with me though, that would help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is NO shame in eating a egg sammie back to back! I could eat these every single day.

    That is great that the pups are getting along. It's bound to happen sooner or later! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, those dogs look so sweet and happy together!

    I know I crave heartier foods when it gets cold, so I try to have a big salad for at least one of my meals. On holidays when there's going to be a feast, I make an effort to go to the gym in the morning. That way, I have endorphines and enjoy the time with my family, and don't feel guilty about overeating. Everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been able to stay motivated till I started blogging. So far, so gooD. I have challenges I'm doing and now i'm keeping myself accountable.

    Oh, my dog is spoiled and doens't like other dogs except my friends dog. It was a miracle to see her play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lesley!

    I love how you saw Erik has "dog whisperer" skills! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it when you post your workouts! I really enjoy seeing what other women are doing. Love egg sammies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, how presh that your doggies are coexisting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections