Friday, November 6, 2009

Butternut & Sleeping in

Happy Weekend!!!

Does anyone else feel like they’re the only one that’s not at the Foodbuzz Festival this weekend? Haha, I would love to be there. Oooh well.

Either way, I’m so happy it’s the weekend.  I love sleeping in (aka 7 or 8) and being able to hang out with Erik all weekend.

I cooked a butternut squash last night that had been in my fridge for a long time! My mom gave it to me from her garden a long time ago. (Good thing they last awhile).

Picture 59611

So today for lunch, I had half of it with:

  • ground turkey
  • balsamic vinegar
  • Mrs. Dash’s
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • reduced fat Parmesan

I would have liked some other veggie in there (like peppers) but I didn’t have any and my lunch break is short.  It was still pretty tasty though! : )

Picture 59612 

Weekend plans: work a little, workout a little, bake a little, eat good food, do whatever I want, and have fun with Erik ; )  I’m quite sure we’ll take a trip to KC at some point this weekend.

Have a great weekend … do something that makes you smile! : )

 

-Lesley

 

8 comments:

  1. mmm squash makes me so happy! This looks awesome. Enjoy your weekend. I have 1 day of training down and 2 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds vaguely familiar...because it's just like all my weekends! Seriously, just how you put it :)

    The squash and ground turkey dish looks delicious! I never hollow out squash, and put things in it. I see it on blogs all the time, and drool. Bu tI never do it! I should.

    P.s Sorry about the virus!! HOW ANNOYING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you have the perfect weekend ahead of you :) enjoy, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend...the squash looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm squashy squashy squash is my fave! This looks very yummy!!! How have you been doll??

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that's a meal I might actually be able to get david to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do wish I could have been at Foodbuzz too--but like you said, maybe one day we'll both get the chance to go & then meet--fun!

    I have never stuffed a butternut squash before--but I am always making big batches of butternut squash fries with rosemary..it's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems to be a great way to use butternut squash! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections