Sunday, November 15, 2009

Groceries, Shopping, Changes

Ahh, the weekend is over already! It went by too fast and I didn’t do nearly as much as I wanted. Plus, weekends are never as good when Erik has to work.

Oh well … here’s some highlights of my weekend in bulleted form :)  (I like lists).

  • Got some groceries. I discovered that my Hyvee health foods section has our almond milk in 1/2 gallon containers now (rather than 1 quart) … score! We go through almond milk like its our job.

Picture 59752

  • While getting groceries, I checked out the NuVal cards around the food that our Hyvee has recently added to the store. I’m not yet sure how it all works but I’ve been talking to Tina about a future NuVal post. I think it’s a great system for those that don’t really know how to read labels.
  • I did some bargain shopping. I love to hit up all the clearance racks! I actually went to Target twice this weekend :s haha. But I got some really good deals … including this huge purse. I love it!!

Picture 59763

I tried to take a mirror picture of myself in the mirror with my new purse but it was too dark. Whoops.

Picture 59771

  • Went to church.

Picture 59782

  • Got some boots. I’ve really been in need of some brown boots and I’ve had a heck of a time finding any I like! I’m a pointed or square toed kinda girl most of the time and all the boots out these days seem to be rounded.  Though I don’t absolutely love them, I decided on these.

Picture 59779

  • Played with my dogs. Here’s Adrian and Bubba getting along.

Picture 59619

  • Helped my husband with a business plan he’s putting together. I’m hoping to be able to share what that’s all about soon because we’re excited about it!
  • Did some blog work. Expect to see changes soon! ; )

What did you do this weekend?

 

-Lesley

15 comments:

  1. You look so classy with that bag on your shoulder! I live off of almond milk too--best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag. I'm a huge fan of the NuVal system- its so practical! Hope you have a nice Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of that almond milk! The stores near me only sell big containers of rice milk, which I'm a little nervous to try.
    Such gorgeous boots! It's still 80 degrees here- not quite boot weather yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Business plan? I'm curious! Keep us updated.

    Love the shoes, and I'm all about bargain shopping too. I am going to the outlet malls next Friday (I decided to do this because Nick works on Friday nights, perfect). I plan on buying Christmas gifts, and a few things for myself of course.

    We go through a lot of Almond Milk too, and I should start buying the 1 gallon, as a way to save money.

    This weekend Nick and I went to the game, then he worked :( And he's still there now, boo. It was a good weekend, either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I've never had almond milk, I'll have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that purse and the shoes!! and i go through almond milk like crazy too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh those boots are awesome !!

    i can only find the dang small boxes of Almond milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day. Cute shoes, cute purse and cute girl to show them off! :)

    Don't you love the Almond Breeze in the 1/2 gallon? I go through these like water.

    Enjoy your Monday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the Almond Breeze like that to, and that is all I use for baking, but I cannot find the Unsweetened bigger version..hmphh!

    And that purse is so cool--it has an old time glamour touch to it! I am a sucker for purses lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like lists too... short and sweet!
    love discovering new products (Almond breeze is my favorite beverage) and nice boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very productive weekend, indeed! I like your new purse and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah that purse is FABULOUS! I need a new huge bag for school to carry my books, and more importantly - carry my snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the NuVal shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections