Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fake Fridays

Hello!

Do Thursdays always feel like Fridays to anyone else? They do here! We got some new furniture today though and that makes this fake Friday all better!

My mother-in-law is coming over tonight so here’s to a quick post … dinner tonight will include these:

Picture 59485

Pre-oven pictures of Smart Chicken breasts marinated with:

  • greek olive hummus
  • no salt added tomato sauce
  • no salt added diced tomatoes
  • minced garlic
  • sesame seeds
  • tomato & basil reduced fat feta
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • Mrs. Dash’s garlic & herb
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • a little Parmesan

Made by Erik. I’ve been working a lot of overtime so thankfully he’s been Betty Homemaker ; )

Picture 59487

And it will also include this:

Picture 59489

This pasta made with rice, quinoa, and amaranth was only fifty cents a box!!! Score.

Speaking of Erik … he got in the mood to paint something and here is his abstract creation. (Sorry, not the best picture but the best I have).

Picture 59478

Now we’re off to eat and enjoy our evening … so glad tomorrow is real Friday! ha ; ) 

 

-Lesley

 

12 comments:

  1. Yip, I'm always saying that Thursday should be Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm intrigued by this gluten-free pasta...and by Erik's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought to add hummus to a baked chicken dish. I think this would be awesome with fish too! Brilliant idea!

    I had no idea Eric was such an aspiring artist! That's incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dinner and artwork as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Erik is talented! I am so impressed.

    The chicken looks wonderful. I love thick marinades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erik! What a man. Making some awesome looking dinner and that painting is so cool! Josh and I love things that style. Enjoy dinner with the MIL tonight. Happy (almost) Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the furniture pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That marinade sounds de-LISH! I usually use some sort of dressing--so lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of "Fake Fridays!" Thursdays are awesome, indeed! :-)

    Using hummus as a marinade is brilliant! Such a gorgeous dish!

    I am SO impressed by Erik's incredible painting! He's so talented! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yea, Thursdays ALWAYS feel like Friday!

    Wow that painting is amazing, very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a delicious dinner! hope you had a nice time, and good halloween :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections