Sunday, November 29, 2009

Say it to Me Now

Hope everyone had a great weekend! : )

I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 day weekend although I didn’t get nearly as much done as I wanted to. It seems like the more free time I actually have the more I just get lazy :s ha. I think I work better the busier I am!

Saturday: I started the morning by going to my MIL’s to take care of her kitty while she was out of town. Then I stopped by Kohls, Pet Smart, and went to work for a few hours. That evening Erik and I ordered Carside to go from Applebee's (we had a gift card). I ordered the Chicken and Portobello Sandwich.

Italian Chicken and Portabello Sand [Picture from their website … I forgot to take a picture]

I ate it sans marinara sauce with plain, steamed broccoli. For free … it wasn’t bad.

And then just for the heck of it … I painted a teapot, ha. It was rather random because I never paint or draw anything. Erik’s been quite the painter lately and he told me I should paint something so I did ; ) It was something fun to do while I was relaxing and watching a movie.

Picture 59979

Tomorrow night (Monday) we’re going to a Swell Season concert … woo hoo!! So I don’t be “around” in the blog world all day.

I’ll leave you with one of my favorite Glen Hansard songs thus far …

Does anyone have all their Christmas shopping done yet? (I haven’t even started! :s)

 

 

-Lesley

 

21 comments:

  1. Yea, I seriously need to start shopping for folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic. Why can't I do something hobby-istic and relaxing like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WE ARE SO TOTALLY TWINS!! I ordered that meal you had FIRST..then changed my order!! what the crap! for real!
    haha i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my 'giveaway' post! I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting!! It looks really fantastic. I should do something like that sometimes, just for fun.

    Your Applebee's picture looks sooooo tasty! I was like. Wow, that's a great photo!!" haha, from the website, you shouldn't have told us! I'm kidding, I think that's illegal, good for you for citing it ;)

    I have about 50% of my Christmas shopping done, which is good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always debate on getting that sandwich when I got to Applebee's! Glad you liked it..I think I will try it next time. And I just finished xmas shopping on Black Friday! Now just to wrap it all ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so jealous of anyone with artistic talent - i definitely have none!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed by your painting skills. I have no hand-eye coordination, so most artsy things are out of the question.

    Ugh, Christmas shopping. Unfortunately, exams start soon. I'm going to try to do most of it online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your teapot is so cute! I'm horrible at painting (as Mica said above). I just don't have an eye for it.

    I have a few small things for Christmas, but ahhh I have so much left to do! I'm trying to make a lot of my gifts or buy them from etsy.com this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lesley, You got an award on my blog this morning!! http://dairyfreebetty.blogspot.com/2009/11/awwh-blog-award.html

    I am almost done my christmas shopping (and wrapping) just a few small gifts left for friends!!

    Have a great Monday,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, i love the teapot painting! you're artistic!! i'm so not artistic. :)
    i like your new blog home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, I had no idea you had such artistic talents! I'd love to see more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a very nice painting!
    Last time I paint was ....3.5 years ago! I love painting, it's just so relaxing and so much fun. even simple ones lights up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, did the sandwich really look like that? Looks amazing...but ad pics usually are liars! Hee hee.

    And GREAT painting! It's nice to see different talents in bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm SO impressed with your painting! It's SO beautiful! You're incredibly talented! I'm in awe...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea you were a painter. I love the teapot! Do you have or have you thought of starting an Etsy store? People would love that for kitchens. Or you could give on away on your blog - hint, hint. ;)

    I'm one who actually enjoys shopping bc I have the freedom to go during the daytime so I tend to spread mine out throughout the season. Quite a bit to do yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I work better when I am busier too. Isn't that funny? Your sandwich looks great. I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great artistic ability!! Me, I can't draw a stick figure! :-) Hey, if you want a bag to tote stuff in, check out my blog for a cool giveaway! Might help with all that creative talent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am the same way--in order to be productive, I need to be pretty busy, otherwise, I just lounge around! haha

    Adorable painting! I'd love to do more artistic things, it seems like it would be very therapeutic :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness what a wonderful new site for you!!! :) Love it- and now you are an examiner too!!! Love the first photo on this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections