Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Letting the cat out of the bag

This morning I was happy when I remembered I had an empty jar of peanut butter sitting in my cupboard. I love the combination of oats, bananas and peanut butter especially on a cold morning.

I mixed 1 egg & 2 egg whites (cooked) in my oats. At first eggs and oats might sound a little odd (I thought it did) but I actually really like it. Am I weird or does anyone else do that?

I topped it all with some hemp seeds.

Picture 59817

Upon getting to work, I drank my delicious hot tea and filled up my water jug. 

(I once accidentally microwaved my thermos mug that clearly has metal on it, hence the deformed looking “miGo” label).

Picture 59823

And here’s a random snack that Erik ate last night … he said, “this would be a good picture” and he was right so I took one to share with you all : ) 

  • cottage cheese
  • raisons
  • almonds
  • small handful of oats
  • frozen berries

Picture 59815

I’ve been busy all night working on some blogs chances so sorry for not being around! 

Speaking of blog changes … time to let the cat out of the bag … I’m going to have a brand new blog soon … layout and name! I’m very excited for the makeover and I can’t wait to reveal to you all what Lesley Living Life will be changing to! : )

Stick around to find out soon …

 

-Lesley

13 comments:

  1. Awesome, Les! Can't wait to see the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your new blog! ive never put eggs in my oats..can u really taste the egg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savory oats does seem scary before you try it for the first time and discover how delicious it is! Can't wait to see your new bloggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun about the new blog! Looking forward to see what you cook up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oh my dear, thinking that you are odd for your food creations is a HUGE understatement in the blog world. LoL, being crazy unusual with food is what makes us soooo interesting. ;)

    I can't wait to see the new blog. How exciting!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I'm excited to see the new blog!
    I went to my cabinets this morning and I have about 2 T too much pb to make oats in a jar, so that means tomorrow morning I get to have some!
    I like the idea of adding eggs to my oats, I've never tried it, but I will one of these days (eggs give me gas, but I love them, it's so sad ).

    HAve a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of eggs in oats except for baked oat dishes--but I love oats and I love eggs, so why not combine the two?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eggs in oats is usually the only way I'll eat them!! SO CREAMY AND DELISH!!! Chock full of protein too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new blog? I'm excited to see the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what new changes you'll be making! great bowl of oats...uhmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, blog makeover? Exciting!

    You're not weird for putting eggs in your oats. It doesn't change the taste hardly at all but thickens them up really nicely and gives a nice protein hit. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the new blog. Your oats look good. Do you make them sweet if you put eggs in or not? I'd love to know because that boost of protein has to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen mention of savory oats before with egg, but have never tried it. I am intrigued though. I need to jump in and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections