Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aloe Vera Juice, Tempt Coupon

** my new RSS feed address is: http://www.lesleyliftinglife.com/feeds/posts/default
be sure to update your feed readers!

Two more days until Thanksgiving!

Truth be told, Erik and I won’t be doing much for Thanksgiving this year. Due to work issues, we’re unable to make it to Nebraska (Go Huskers!!) to see my parents. My mother-in-law and her husband are out of town, and my father-in-law is still staying in a living community due to cancer. Besides going to see him there probably won’t be much of a traditional Thanksgiving meal this year. I could go all out and cook for just us  but I don’t think I will (and I’m okay with that : )

Erik does, however, want me to make a “healthified” sweet potato pie so I will be doing that. Does anyone have a recipe suggestion for sweet potato pie? I’ve never made it, but am excited to see how it will turn out.

Thanks

Thank you all for the positive comments about our business venture!! I knew you would all be just as excited about a healthy vending machine as we were ; ) I will definitely be giving you all the inside scoop as we start out!

Snack TimePicture 59950

Here was my morning snack: Toasted cinnamon raison sprouted bread with Justin’s almond butter, banana slices, and chia seeds. I never get tired for this combination!

New Food Review: Aloe Juice

I love trying new, healthy foods and drinks!

While we were at Whole Foods this past weekend we picked up some ALO Awaken juice. It’s ingredients are: spring water, aloe vera pulp, aloe vera juice, wheatgrass concentrate, cane sugar, citric acid, calcium lactatePicture 59928

You can even see small green “floaties” when you look into it. Right away, I had serious doubts whether or not this would taste good and I didn’t know about the texture. But of course we got it anyway. I’ll try (almost) anything once.

Surprisingly, it was actually really good. The “floaties” were more sweet than anything and the texture of them wasn’t a problem at all because there wasn’t an overpowering amount.  Very refreshing. Erik’s already bought a different flavor to try.Picture 59953

Why do we get these products that sound so “gross”? Because they’re good for us (not to mention it’s just plain fun!!) Some claimed health benefits of aloe juice:

  • Aids in healthy digestion.
  • Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin.
  • Minerals in aloe include: calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc.
  • Contains anti inflammatory properties
  • Naturally detoxifies the body and cleanses the colon.

The recommended amount is 2-4 ounces twice daily. (I don’t know that I’ll be drinking that much but now you know ; ) Have you ever tried any type of aloe vera juice?

Coupon

After seeing my mini review of their help milk ice cream, Tempt e-mailed me sharing a coupon for $.75 of any of the products. Check it out!! : )

It’s Biggest Loser Time for Erik and I … have a great night, everyone!

 

-Lesley

 

18 comments:

  1. I think its kind of awesome that your Thanksgiving is just the two of you :) I've never had sweet potato pie but it sounds yummy. I think it I were doing thanksgiving for just Josh and I, I'd make something totally non traditional- like oatmeal haha :) How about oatmeal sweet potato pie? That juice sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this Aloe Vera juice, I have seen it around but never had the nerve to try it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the looks of yours and how exciting to be starting a new business! Enjoy your thanksgiving together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a sweet potato pie recipe on my blog from a few posts ago.
    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...aloe vera? Be sure not to drink too much of that, it was one of the supplements that my teacher advised against (could cause low bs, I believe). I'm sure one a day won't hurt, but I wouldn't have more. Just my opinion. What is it that "aids in digestion"? Are there probiotics?

    Our Thanksgiving isn't going to be big and festive this year either. My aunt is on bed rest and she usually does all the cooking. I'm sad, and I feel bad for her, but we'll make it a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of Aloe Vera juice until a few days ago. Not sure I will be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had aloe vera, sounds interesting! I missed your last post, but congrats on the new biz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. for real girl.. all your toasts make my mouth drool.. ive never been a toast girl but those pics make me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried aloe vera and heard great things about it, specially for digestion. let us know if it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOH great review... I would never have thought that would taste good.. lol I might have to try this!!!

    And your toast is freaking delicious lookin! What a great snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm so glad you did because I now I found your wonderful blog!

    I love your snack! That is such a good idea to top it with chia seeds...i love those things.

    Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. First year we aren't going to NEbraska in a LONG time. Typically we're in Omaha, but due to everything we're doing it at home.

    Interesting drink? Looks like a little too freaky for me!

    YUMMM mint chip ice cream I haven't had that in over 6 years it was my favorite. I totally want it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lesley! I haven't stopped by your blog since the makeover! It looks FANTASTIC! Love the slight change of name--very clever :)

    I hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lesley! Its been so long hope all is well :)
    congrats on the new business! The toast looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There was a great sweet potato casserole on a blog I was at the other day! http://ohsheglows.com/2009/11/24/this-aint-grandmas-sweet-potato-casserole/

    Also, I've had aloe vera martini's... they were really good! I can't remember the booze that was in it, but it was sooo refreshing !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanted to thank you for stopping by my post! Hey, the toast snack looks sooooooooooooo yummy! I want some!!!!

    Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started adding chia seeds to my rice cake with PB (I love the extra crunch it gives) and I've tried Aloe Vera juice but they were always laden with sugar...so I stopped.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mm I loove aloe vera juice!! so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it sounds so tempting to hear about a snack time for anyone, however if I got one I will enjoy clearly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections