Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lotsa pictures weekend

Hello!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather has been beautiful in MO : ) I just finished writing an Examiner article on sodium and now I’m having some relaxing “me” time doing one of my favorite things … blogging!

Here are some highlights of our weekend …

I discovered a new bar (made by Mrs. May’s Naturals) at my grocery store. A Trio bar … very similar to Kind Bar, tastes great, and only 99 cents a bar!! I’ll take that, thank you!

Picture 59622

As we often do, on Saturday we went to Kansas City. The weather was so beautiful and we spent some time simply driving around, windows down, while people watching.

Picture 59623

Picture 59627

Dinner

We decided to eat at Bristol Seafood Grill (pictures are little dark because by the time we got there, well … it was dark, ha).

Picture 59643

We ate outside and it was so neat. The weather was absolutely perfect, lighting just right, and wonderful atmosphere. To top it all off, there was an open fire outside and we got to sit right below it (that’s what’s glowing above Erik’s head). It permeated the perfect amount of heat to counteract the small chilly breeze.

Picture 59633

We started out with shrimp cocktails which tasted great. I love shrimp cocktail.

Picture 59637

I had the king salmon with grilled asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes. Again … YUM! It just doesn’t get much better than grilled asparagus, sweet potatoes and salmon.

Picture 59640

 Whole Foods Pick-up

Some random things we picked up at Whole Foods (because we can’t go to KC without stopping there;)

Some bars to try …

Picture 59649

Puffed cereal. I love this stuff because it’s only around 60 calories for 1 cup, no sugar and no salt. Unlike most other cereals that have a lot of sugar, I can eat a huge bowl full with some fruit, stevia, cinnamon, almond milk and feel great about it ; )

Picture 59650

And some hemp seeds.

Picture 59652

When we got home we watched a movie and doted on our dogs for a little  bit.

Picture 59662 

What did you do this weekend??

 

-Lesley

 

14 comments:

  1. What a nice evening! The food sounds delicious, I LOVE shrimp cocktail too.

    The Trio bar looks good, and at 99 cents I would buy that over a Kind Bar any day (umm...2 dollars, no thanks).

    This weekend we went to my cousin's house to watch the football game, and we WON! Now I'm working and relaxing a bit. Great weekend fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weeekend! The restaraunt looks wonderful, such a nice vibe and awesome food- my kind of place! :)

    So happy you guys are having great weather too! It's so refreshing to be able to drive with the windows down in November! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my stores had Trio bars! I feel like generally the cheapest bars are also the most unnatural :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a beautiful evening :) enjoy the nice whether while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm mashed sweet potatoes :)
    I'll have to be on the look-out for those cereals...they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Both your dogs are gorgeous, but I am sort of in love with Bubba. I have a soft spot for dogs with a little more meat on their bones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice weekend...and you've got lots of yummy snack bars to try :)

    I did A LOT of relaxing this weekend, it was gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice romantic dinner out :) Love those superfood bars. I just lifted weights allllll weekend. Finally am home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pics of KC! I have never been there, but it looks gorgeous. I had a nice, relaxing weekend... it was perfect after being out of town for 3 weekends in a row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many yummy bars popping up everywhere!!

    Oo that restaurant looks great--I would have probably picked the same thing as you..the combo sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wacky bar; it's filled with...stuff!

    Aww, I love your doggy clan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally miss KC! I had an uneventful weekend thankfully. My work week had been too hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new banner. I love how all the dogs are just staring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hemp power?! wow... sounds enticing! That restaurant you went to looks like a great ambience, so romantic and dimly lit!
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections