Monday, November 9, 2009

Bison, cereal & hemp milk ice cream

Happy Monday : )

First up … Sunday’s dinner. We got some ground bison at Whole Foods this weekend and had it with some sort of spinach pasta and delicious sauce that Erik made topped with 1/3 less fat Parmesan.Picture 59671

Picture 59673

Rainy Days

Right as I was getting off work it started raining and it’s been a gloomy evening. When I got home Erik and I ran and grabbed a few groceries. Since it was raining we decided to have a “chill” evening and we’re watching a movie. 

For dinner, Erik had some leftovers and I decided I really wanted some cereal.

I had a big bowl full to the brim of puffed grain cereal that I talked about yesterday with:

  • a banana
  • cinnamon
  • stevia
  • almond milk

Picture 59680

Erik made fun of how full my bowl was. Oh well. I love cereal … especially when it’s not high in calories, really sugary or full of sodium ; )

Picture 59679

Dessert

We recently discovered some new (to us) ice cream – Living Harvest Tempt mint chip -- that Erik was eating tonight made with hemp milk. I don’t know how fond I am of hemp milk on its own but in this, it was delicious.

I’m loving all these new ice creams lately made with coconut milk and hemp milk!

Picture 59682

Here’s the nutritional stats … for ice cream, not too shabby! And tastes great.

Picture 59683

Now I’m off to read blogs, and do nothing the rest of the night : )

Hope all you lovely people had a wonderful Monday! : )

 

-Lesley

16 comments:

  1. I have an addiction to cereal. I love it! I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day, but I do enjoy cold cereal for dessert or a snack. I just love it. My favs are Crunchy Corn Bran, Puffins, Oatmeal Squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, no shame in the HUMUNGO cereal bowls. You should see mine in comparision to my hubby's in the morning. It's actually pretty funny because my bran flakes and kashi puffs overpower his little measly bowl of fruit loops. Just goes to show how you can only take so much of the sugar infused stuff in the morning but your stomach welcomes a big bowl of whole grain goodness! :)

    I really want to try this hemp milk ice cream. I'm always looking for a good "ice" cream since, one, I am kind of obsessed with it and two, I can't have much dairy. I love the coconut milk kind but I really want to try the hemp milk now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its getting rainy here too (rain from that Ida). I love cereal for dinner on occasion. Very comforting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating Bison reminds me of something off the Flintstones, but I would totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried hemp ice cream. The facts look similar to cow's milk, and it's non animal-based?? I like it!

    The spinach pasta looks so good. I'm never tried that either. I've got some new foods to try..thanks for the suggestions! Actually, I might try to make hemp ice cream of my own, with my ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar looking dinner plate! I have never tried hemp ice cream, sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That us awesome! I love coconut milk but the fat content is so high. I've seen this at the store. I'll have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've really been wanting to try that kind of ice cream, it looks delicious and the awesome packaging always catches my eye at the store.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bison looked delicious. I have some in the freezer I am going to have to try it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your so lucky you have a Whole Foods--the closest one to me is 4 hours away, it's pure insanity! :o(

    The ice cream looks good, although I no longer by ice cream since I got my ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mm that icecream looks and sounds amazing! I have tried the hemp milk, but never the frozen version!

    I am going to whole foods today and checking out that puffed cereal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bison? That's a must-try! Interesting option for ice cream. I just recently came across the ones made with coconut milk...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to try hemp milk ice cream. Maybe I will this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what kind of camera do you have? your pictures are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love puffed grains cereal!!! :-) There's nothing quite so comforting as a big bowl of healthy, cozy cereal, is there? :-)

    Your bison spaghetti looks incredible, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boo it's raining here right now too!! I love your new header!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections