Friday, November 27, 2009

A wonderful day off

I love long weekends. (Sorry to those of you that had to work the day after Thanksgiving!)

I stayed up late last night watching movies (thanks, Nexflix streaming Blu-Ray player), slept in this morning, jumped on the elliptical for 40 minutes upon waking up and then ate some oatmeal.Picture 59963

The oatmeal combo this morning:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/2 banana
  • almond milk
  • Stevia
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • 1/2 scoop cookies and cream protein powder
  • chia seeds

*note: Stir in the protein powder and chia seeds last after oatmeal is cooked.

Along with breakfast I had hot tea and the newest Clean Eating magazine.

Picture 59969Picture 59971

I’ve spent the day blogging, writing some Examiner articles (check out my newest one, Remembering to stay thankful), watching some TV, talking to my mom on the phone, etc. I’m loving it! ; )

And to leave you … here’s some pictures of my dogs being themselves. Adrian sticking her head in between Erik’s legs begging for attention and food … Picture 59961

… and Rocky sticking her head out from underneath the table begging for a toy to chase.Picture 59962

Up next will be a post about chia seeds! I’ve been using them a lot lately and have had several questions about them so stay tuned ; )

Happy Friday!  What are your weekend plans?

 

 

-Lesley

 

16 comments:

  1. Love long weekends as well, even though I have tons to do! It is so nice to be home with the family, no matter how much I have to get done, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over the fact that it's only Friday! You asked for our weekend plans and I was like...uh....it's over! haha, I guess not! I don't realy have many plans, other than catchin gup and running some errands. Nick and I might go to the holiday lights tomorrow, we'll see.
    Your dogs are so gorgeous. I'm glad you are having anice day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving my days off:) Got a great workout in this morning and some shopping done online. We are hanging out with friends the rest of the weekend. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I love your dog pics :-)

    I'm excited to read your post about chia seeds-- I've been tossing them into my cereal on and off for a couple of months now, and I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. m'mmm, cookies and cream banana and PB oats -- amazing!

    Enjoy your long weekend, Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your puppies are adorable :)

    Chia seeds are great!! i need to find some more used for them though.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love long weekends too, I've been VERY thankful to have had this entire week off from school!

    Your dogs are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your oatmeal bowl :D it's so cute!
    It's the first time I see this clean eating magazine. sounds very interesting! do you like it?
    I have a long weekend too, hehe, nothing, just relax, and NO shopping plans :D (the mall is so crowded!)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you enjoyed the day off! Two more to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for reading my latest ramble :) Hmmm, I bet chia seeds thicken the oatmeal up nicely. I'll have to try that! Oh, and your dogs are adorable. Now I know what "puppy-dog eyes" truly means.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm cookies & cream protein powder! i gotta spice it up a little in the p powder department :) that sounds like it would be a good one! what brand do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for having the weekend off!!

    i LOVED the blindside.. you were so right! brought me to tears a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love long weekends, too. I am thoroughly enjoying this one, too since we have been so crazy busy lately. Life kicks back into high gear tomorrow so I am enjoying it while I can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just updated my Google Reader!! Love the new blog, and cannot wait to here what kind of business you and your hubby will be running--I'm sure it'll be amazing whatever it is! Glad you had a wonderful Thankgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All so lovely!!!! What a wonderful way to spend the time!

    I am a Oxygen Women's Fitness & Clean Eating mag fan too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the info on chia seeds..i need to enquire if they are available in India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections