Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanks, Dinner & A Concert

Welcome to December! (How crazy does that sound?!?!)

Thanks!

Thanks are in order.  First, thanks to Nicci  for the “Fit Chic” award and Jessica for “Beautiful Blogger” award! : ) I very much appreciate you wonderful ladies thinking of me! (I’ll have to spread the love and pass them along soon ; )

Next thanks … thank you all for flattering me by liking by random, impromptu small teapot painting! I’m really NOT much of an artist. My dad, however, is an award winning artist and my sister definitely got his artistic genes more than I did … I always liked art though so maybe I’ll have to paint something else soon.

Work Night Partying

I ran on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep today (and that’s not usually a good thing for me! :s) haha. But I’m still surprisingly awake.  Erik and I went to a Swell Season concert in KC last night. It was an AWESOME show, they put on an amazing concert!!

But first … we had a lovely and very delicious dinner at Blue Bird Bistro.

I got the stuffed acorn squash:

“Thane Palmberg acorn squash stuffed with organic quinoa, organic sliced almonds, and organic raisins drizzled with Elmer Gingrich Farm sorghum syrup and served on a bed of organic spinach”

 It was beyond wonderful!! I thought of you, Erica, because you’re the stuffed squash queen (at least in my opinion you are ; )

After we ate we split some coffee ice cream for dessert. Yum!!!Picture 59987 Every time I go to Blue Bird, I’m amazed at how good everything is. I’m convinced that local and fresh foods have so much flavor and simply taste so much better than non!

We got done with dinner early so we went over to Tea Drops in Westport KC to grab some tea. It was a really cute little tea shop.Picture 59996

Picture 59994

And then it was off to the concert. in the Uptown Theatre.  We had SUCH a good time … I just can’t get over how good it was. I love Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova! Picture 60003Picture 60005

It was a wonderful way to spend a Monday night! : )

Tonight … I’m relaxing and hopefully going to be early!

Have a wonderful night, bloggies!

 

-Lesley

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards; and what a great evening, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got about 6.5 hours of sleep last night, when I usually get about 7.5 or 8. I actually feel BETTER than usual! It's fantastic. Tomorrow, however, I have to wake up at 5, which is so painful.

    Love the coffee ice cream dessert, right up my alley! Two of my favorite things, combined. All it needs is some chocolate and pb on the side. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. girlfrand..im so thankful to have MET you too!! :) only the blog world would understand..

    what an awesome dinner! i LOVE coffee ice cream..def a fav

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! the concert looks pretty coooool! I like their stage settings! glad you had a wonderful time!
    congrats on the blog awards :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous nice! I need to update my reader with your new url!! I take your shout out as a HUGE compliment :) I am obviously such a huge squash fan ;) The dessert looks pretty fantastic as well. Glad you had fun at the concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the squash! Sounds like you had a great night! Coffee Ice Cream, yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went down and looked at your tea pot! Too cute! And I agree..painting is a fun way to relax...although, I'm not very good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As long as we're talking tea, your tea spot looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that squash sounds wonderful :)
    what a cute little cafe !

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! Looks like an amazing and fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you and your hubby had a good time and as for that tea station, I wish I can go to one right now!

    As for Twilight, you're lucky that you have all the resources, you can read ALL the books and/or watch the movies, bc I had to wait over a year to see that movie. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on getting the award! :D

    concert on monday night?woooo! what a great day to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once is one of my favorite movies so I'd love to see those two in concert. I need to get some Swell Season cds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Westport. It has been years since I've been there, but I frequented it often in my college days. I bet the concert was great. I love Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun night!! that coffee icecream in the martini glass looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely not your typical Monday night! How fun! Coffee ice cream sounds so decadent, and I love it when things come in pretty packages like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your welcome for the blog award!! I really love your blog, and always look forward to it in my email!! :)

    That tea house is so cute and I LOVE the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful eve & great pics!!! I so love coffee ice cream but my tummy, not so much anymore. :-(

    I grew up back east until high school & I loved the mocha chip & coffee ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That stuffed acorn squash sounds wonderful! Does sorghum syrup have a very distinct flavor? I've been meaning to try it. Looove coffee ice cream too :] I'm glad you had fun... on a Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been to a restaurant that serves stuffed squash--I'd definitely have to order it because I am quite the stuffaholic :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections