Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New art, new food, quick & lazy dinner

Hey friends!

I was gone from the blog world yesterday but I’m back tonight. I’ve been tired since I got home from work and I’m not sure why. It was a bit of a nerve wracking day for reasons I won’t mention at the moment (but hopefully I’ll be able to mention it soon ; ) 

Anyways … here’s a few things happening in my life the past few days …

New art, new food

One of the things we brought home with us from our Nebraska Christmas weekend was this painting. My dad painted it years ago and it’s hung up in my grandma’s basement for years and years and she said that we could have it. So it’s now hanging in its new home that is our dining room : ) A

If you remember, I recently tried coconut milk kefir and didn’t care for it unless it was in my oats. So I decided to try regular kefir milk. Thus far, it’s much better than the coconut milk kefir! The flavor is very sweet and tangy and it’s thick like plain yogurt. I’m excited to try it in other forms!IMG_1937 AAA

Erik has recently taken a liking to these babies … and I think it’s both good and bad that they’re in my house. When cookies are around, I eat them! Ha. But they’re so good! I really like that they’re so small because I don’t feel like I’m going overboard with them.AAAAA

Dinner

Being how I’m tired and feeling lazy tonight, dinner was quick and very easy. I threw some Smart Chicken breasts in the oven with some Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, sea salt, a chili powder.AAAA  Served with peas and carrots …A … and leftover Christmas couscous. Yum! IMG_1945    

What did you have for dinner?

The new year is almost here!  I’m very excited for what it will bring. I plan on starting it with a long term fitness challenge that I’m still quite nervous about!!  More details to come …

image

19 comments:

  1. I love that painting! I love personal art so much more than random stuff you find at a store or gallery! Josh's sister is very artistic and we have several of her projects up in our house. I don't think your dinner looks lazy at all! Hope everything is good/ok with work. I'm hoping you get to quit and do full time on your vending project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous painting! Can't wait to hear about your new challenge :)Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay away from my cookies!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I'm excited to hear about your new fitness challenge!

    I love Newman cookies...I like the ginger sandwich cookies! So addictive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that painting, red is one of my favorite colors :)

    Dinner looks fabulous...I went out to sushi with a friend. We each got our own roll (California for me) and we split the "Deluxe" Spicy Tuna roll. I love sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you made it back safe!!

    That painting is beautiful.

    Fitness Challenge.........Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl your dinner looks GOOD!
    i had stir fry, omelet, and salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh cookies - my mom just brought home some gingersnaps that happen to be vegan and they were finally finished off today - but they were so delicious dunked in tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture looks amazing on the red wall! It really makes a bold statement; but I am very partial to red ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought this same Kefir. I really like it! I actually had to eliminate dairy recently, but I find that the Kefir is easy for me to digest and loaded with great probiotics so it's working for me!

    I LOVE that art print! I am sure it looks so wonderful in your home! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear about that fitness challenge!!

    Love that pic.. how beautiful & now you can enjoy every day!

    I have a friend that loves that Kefir. I have not tried it yet but should.... maybe in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet that painting looks stunning in your dining room! Can't wait to hear about your challenge--I am sure you'll do fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry work was so stressful. Hope today is a better day.

    Love the new painting!

    I had vegetable pot pie for dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's a good thing it wasn't stupid chicken..

    ;) haha i keed.

    get some rest girly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love peas... yum :)

    I also enjoy a good Kefir Smoothie... I blend 1 cup unsweetened Kefir, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 frozen banana, 0.5 tbsp of my favorite jam or honey.. and sometimes add 1 tbsp of one of the follwoing; hemp seed, flax seed, chia seed, acai powder or maca powder.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh i really like the painting! i need some art for my living room and definitely want something unique like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great painting, even more so because it has been in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the painting could not be any more perfect for that room! I love how it compliments the red walls :) just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We had lazy chicken, too! I just used my George Foreman grill to cook them!

    I love that picture and it matches your wall perfectly...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections