Monday, December 21, 2009

Cold and colorful couscous salad

What a crazy night!

I talked to my mom this morning and she told us that if we leave to head to NE at our scheduled time (Wednesday when I get off work around 3) that we probably wouldn’t be able to make it due to an impending blizzard/snow storm.

So last minute asked my boss for Wednesday off and we decided to do our traveling tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3 instead. Therefore, that meant I had to do all the laundry, figure out what I needed to bring for Christmas dinner, pack and get everything ready tonight.

I feel rather scatterbrained after all that but I’m still smiling ….ACDC

… and I needed another picture for this post since I didn’t have time to think about blogging today and this is one is the only I had to use ; )

I thought tonight would be a good night to post my couscous salad recipe.

Cold & Colorful Couscous Salad

  Picture 492

Ingredients: (all as desired)

  • 10 oz box of couscous (I used Hodgson Mill’s whole wheat couscous with milled flax and soy)
  • yellow zucchini
  • green zucchini
  • red bell pepper
  • yellow bell pepper
  • red onion
  • lemon
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • Mrs. Dash’s garlic and herb seasoning

Directions:

  1. Follow directions for cooking couscous, let cool and place in fridge
  2. Chop all veggies into desired size (I like them small)
  3. Place chopped veggies, seasonings, olive oil and balsamic vinegar into bowl together and place in fridge to allow flavors to permeate.
  4. Thirty minutes to an hour prior to serving, fluff couscous with a fork, stir in veggie mixture, and serve.

Enjoy!

Time for Christmas

Thank you all for still reading even though I haven’t been very involved in the “community” lately apart from posting … life will slow down soon and I’ll be around more ; )

I may not see you all tomorrow as we’ll be on the road and pulling into Nebraska late in the evening.  Say a prayer and cross your fingers that we beat the storm!

And guess what ….. CHRISTMAS IS ON FRIDAY!  Ha, are you ready? I am!

 

-Lesley

18 comments:

  1. I love cous cous! great hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO beautiful! youve got such pretty eyes! im obsessed with your hair-but u already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive safe! Have so much fun and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting Christmas early is definitely never a bad thing!

    That salad looks amazing!!! I am going to make this one soon. :)

    Happy and safe travels dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm, great looking salad!

    Good luck getting NE, we are crossing our fingers for you! I am ready for Christmas, but I just need a quick haircut first. Nick is doing ALL of his shopping today, yikes!

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE cous cous and always love finding creative salads with it! thank youuuu

    safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels & a very happy holiday to you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck on your trip! hope you get through the snow all right!
    couscous looks delicious - i love cold grain salads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looooove the hair! and the cold couscous salad!...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stumbled across your blog for the first time. You and your husbands stories are too cute, and I'm really digging your hair color. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a safe drive and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! Thanks for posting the salad recipe! Safe travels, hun...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had couscous for the first time today, it sounds so easy to make too. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safe travels Lesley! Try and embrace the craziness as best as you can :) Cous cous looks amazing. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Safe travels, and merry Christmas! The salad looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have a great Christmas and a safe trip to NE!

    Your couscous salad looks amazing. I think I'm going to add it to my recipe list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That couscous salad sounds really good, thanks for sharing!

    Hope your travels are safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lesley am I really seeing purple?! OMG that is the most awesomest thing ever! How did you do that? Did you use manic panic? Purple is my fave hair color, for realz. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections