Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cold day, warm soup!

It’s almost the weekend! : )

The temperature seems to be getting lower and lower and winter weather seems to be sneaking up on us. When I got home from work, my wonderful husband had a huge pot of soup simmering on the stove. Picture 60022 It turned out perfect! Erik is a wonderful chef! ; )

Chicken & Garlic Vegetable Medley Soup

He started with a base of water and here’s a list of the approximate ingredients:

  • chicken breasts
  • carrots
  • mushrooms
  • onions
  • zucchini
  • celery
  • asparagus
  • a few potatoes
  • peppers (he used red, yellow aaaand green ; )
  • little olive oil
  • pepper
  • sea salt
  • Mrs Dash garlic & herb
  • oregano
  • bay leaves
  • Italian seasoning

Chop it all up, throw it all in and let it simmer!

Picture 60012

Yum! I love my husband (and his soup)!Picture 60013

Needless to say … soup is for dinner! (Topped with reduced fat Parmesan cheese)

Erik and I just finished working out and now for the rest of the night … a whole lot of nothing. On the TV agenda for tonight = American Choppers. Erik is from NY and he used to live really close to the OCC headquarters and he hung out with Vinnie a little (though he’s not on the show anymore) back in the day so he likes to watch it. 

That’s all for me … hope you have a great Friday!!!  : )

 

 

-Lesley

 

25 comments:

  1. Oh I want some soup too! it's freezing here! what's on top of that soup? is it cheese?

    it's Friday again! oh yah! time pass so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that Erik made SUCH a great dinner. I (obviously) love soup. So perfect for this time of year :) Enjoy your tv time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's a loooot of vegetables! Unfortunately, I grew sick of chicken broth-type soups when I was little :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats home made soup. I make it all the time and my family loves it.

    Enjoy the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing like warm soup on a cold winter night! looks so easy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been having SO much soup and tea lately...winter is here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect meal for a cold day like today, for sure!

    Enjoy your t.v.-viewing night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been eating a lot of soup lately. It was only 20 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Erik! That soup looks so good. Nick doesn't like soup, he's crazy. I eat it it about 3 nights a week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so warm and comforting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that soup looks awesome!! makin me crave it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, I keep meaning to make soup and keep forgetting! This weekend, for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes! soup for me!!! that's all I crave in cold days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eric looks as though he is quite the chef. I am impressed by his soup making abilities! :) Nothing like coming home on a cold winters day to a warm house full of cozy smells of hot soup and a hot hubby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That soup looks delicious! I'm eating a TON of soup right now. Warms me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Warm soup is so good on cold days! It's nice you have a sweet husband with a kick-ass recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm looks so comforting and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum, nothing beats hot steamy soup on a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That soup sounds great. I love garlic so that would totally hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. soup is the ultimate comfort food. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog!

    Soupy!

    I'd love for you to check outmy blog - new giveaway later today and music!

    http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Man, that soup looks sooooooooooooooo yummy! Can your hubby cook for me! :-) And there is nothing like relaxing! We all need to do more of that! Have a great one & congrats on your winning the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky you--great husband and he knows how to cook. Double bonus! :-)

    I love just throwing things into soup, it always seems to balance out just right. and nothing better than soup to warm me up on these chilly winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect soup for a cold snowy weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections