Friday, December 4, 2009

Exciting news & sharing the love

The weekend has arrived!!!

I started my official weekend with some hot tea (it’s cold outside!)  Yum! There’s just something about having a warm cup of tea to make whatever I’m doing more enjoyable.

Picture 60029

Exciting News

Remember the VERY exciting news I told you about the other night that I couldn’t let the cat out of the bag about yet??

Well now I can …. I’m going to be an aunt!!! My sister called me Tuesday evening and told me the news. I was so surprised and so excited! There’s definitely something different and extra exciting when it’s your own sister. Now I really miss her and wish we lived closer to each other!

We were best friends growing up : ) I love my big sister!

Picture 118Picture 100n1318380029_30063204_277Picture 108

Sharing the Love

I’ve gotten a few blog awards lately and I think they’re a great way to make more blogging friends and spread blogging camaraderie, ha, so I thought I’d pass them on ; )

First up, Nicci gave me the “Fit Chic Award” and Betty gave me the “Beautiful Blogger” I’d like to pass them onto:

blogawardth_RUNNING-1

  • Lauren from Say What You Need to Say (who is recovering from surgery which makes her especially beautiful ; )
  • Allie from Live Laugh Eat
  • Gina from The Candid RD
  • Molly from The Vegan Dormitory
  • Angela from Angela Loves Food
  • Jody from Truth 2 Being Fit
  • CaSaundra from A Pinch of This and Dash of That aaaaaaaand
  • Jenny from Peanut Butter and Jenny

Hope you all have a great weekend!! : )  Erik and I are gong to try out a new restaurant tomorrow night and I can’t wait!

What are you doing this weekend?

 

-Lesley

 

 

 

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your awards! And congrats to you and your family on the big news! I cannot wait to be an aunt, I imagine that is beyond exciting!

    No huge plans this weekend. Basketball and pizza with friends tonight, shopping (grocery and Christmas) along with cookie baking tomorrow...and a hockey game on Sunday! Looking forward to my hubby getting home after a week away on business! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh CONGRATS about being an aunt!! that is so incredibly exciting.

    tonight im about to go to a christmas tacky sweater shag! have a great night girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrattttts on being an aunt--you'll be fab! I always wished I had a sister, but I guess a brother will have to do :-P

    Can't wait to hear about the new restaraunt--have fun & thank you SO much for the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAJOR congratulations!! I'm an aunt and love it :)

    This weekend = loads of schoolwork. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Lesley, you are so sweet to think of me for these awards!!!! :) My heart is so happy! :)

    And CONGRATS on the big news. You will make the perfect aunt!!! How exciting! I am so happy for you and for your sister.

    Have a great weekend love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the awards girl!!! sending much love your way!!!
    congratulations on being an aunt! I'm the oldest so no nieces or nephews here, but I am a godmother, and it is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl you are far too kind - thanks so much for the award :) love ya!

    p.s. congrats to your sis! you are going to be an amazing aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, thanks so much for the award! And congrats to you for receiving them too :)

    Your sister and you are so beautiful, and I love your pictures. Congrats on becoming an aunt soon. That's just so exciting. I sometimes wish I had a sister that was closer to my age, rather than JUST a brother who is 13. haha, that's so selfish. I love Joe to death, but it's different when you are 13 years apart!

    So ironic, we're going to a new restaurant too tomorrow! I'm super excited about it, I've been waiting for it to open for months!

    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the great news!!

    That tea is soooo good isn't it!? Mmmmm

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwwwwwwwww congrats! That is amazing. It is SO different when its your sister. Hope you guys enjoy the new dinner place. We tried a new place tonight and it was fabulous. This weekend, I have to teach, I have a work party (group fitness!!), and we're getting our tree (hoooray)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lesley for passing on thee love, that made me smile.

    Congrats on being an aunty. What a blessing, I can just somehow imagine you spoiling your little future niece :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your sister and your family. Your going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I love being an auntie, it is the BEST job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! You bet the feeling of having your own sibling being a proud Mama/papa is different! I am the older one so its going to be a while when my brother has kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on getting the award and becoming aunt!!! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS!!!! so very exciting :) you and your sis are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley.. thank you!!!! I love those awards!!!

    Big congrats on being an aunt!!! You & sis look so much alike! Amazing! It will be a wonderful time for all. I am already a nana to 7!!! 2 of my 3 stepchildren have already had many kids!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on becoming an aunt! You are your sister are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lesley.. what great news! I just went to visit the latest, greatest and cutest member of our family a few weeks back and being an Aunt is one of the most unique and rewarding experiences (speaking from 4 days' experience) in life.
    When my big sister told me the news, I was so happy that I cried! A new family member is worth every ounce of celebration..the more, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratsssssssssssssssss!!! That would be soo awesome!! I am an only child so I'm thinking that's not going to happen?!?! hehe..

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwww you're totally gonna be cool aunt lesley!! congrats girl :)

    congrats on the awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being an aunt, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww...my cuz just had a little baby girl, so I know how exciting it is! :D

    Awesome awards! You deserve 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations, soon-to-be Aunt Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay, you're going to be an aunt! Congrats! You and your sis are both so gorgeous!

    Congrats on the blog awards, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections