Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Business with benefits

Hey guys!

Thanks for the couscous ideas! I think I’m going to make a combination of several recipes suggested, but I’ll let you know! My plan is to bring it to a Christmas “potluck” at work.

Fun In the Mail

I feel like I’ve hit the mail jackpot lately ; ) haha.  My new vegan bag I won, Angela’s package, and  today I came home to another one.

First up, the package from AngelaD

We are fellow Trio bar lovers (99 cents … yes, please!) and we decided to do a trade since her grocery store carries the Tropical and Strawberry flavors while mine carriers the Cranberry and Blueberry flavors. Being the wonderful foodie friend she is, she not only sent Trio bars but tea and Trader Joe truffles … complete with a cute homemade Christmas card : )

I immediately dug into the truffles and tried one out … mmm!  I don’t have a TJs so the TJ love was appreciated, haha.DD

Business with Benefits

Okay, so we’re already seeing a wonderful benefit of the new small business we have embarked upon. A company called Love Street Living Foods sent us some possible products to see if we’d want to put them in our vending machines. 

While on the phone with them, my husband told them about my blog and they decided to send extra so I could review them here on Lesley Lifting Life. Thanks! : )

Here’s the loot … DDDDDDDDD    DDDD The above fudge is even sweetened with agave nectar … I love that!

DDDDD 

Anyone ever heard of wild jungle peanuts?? I tried them right away because they intrigued me!

DDDDDD 

Ahhhh … raw walnut butter, raw almond butter, raw macadamia butter and raw cashew butter? Ha, these are the perfect things to let me sample … they must know me!!

DDDDDDD

I have yet to use coconut butter in anything so I’m excited about that. In fact, I didn’t really even know there was a difference until now.

DDDDDDDD

And last but not least in this wonderful loot,  100% raw vegan chocolate spread. Does that sound good or what? haha.

I can’t wait to try all of these products … they are right up my alley. You’ll see more of them in future posts :)

I love my life! I can’t wait to get our vending machines up and running. We started out with five machines. So far, we have four locations secured, 2 are in schools and 2 is in a huge ice arena. As soon as the fifth location is secured we’ll be getting the machines and getting started … I’m so excited to see how it goes!!

For now … I’m relaxing a little bit before bed and eating one of my favorite snacks.DDD

Cottage cheese with apple slices, almonds, cinnamon and stevia …. perfect bedtime snack : )

What’s your favorite “before bed” snack?

 

-Lesley

 

25 comments:

  1. WOW that snack looks soo good! ive never tried goji berries eitha!

    fav before bedtime snack: either kettle korn+PB, or vitatop+PB+milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those goodies! You are a lucky lady! =)
    Apple with PB - all time favorite night snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those trader joe's truffles are my favorite, soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so many fun products to try!! Lucky duck!

    Favorite pre-bed snack: a wee bowl of cereal. Always makes my stomach happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for your vending machines. So very cool! I eat cereal as my night snack:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, everything looks good and the fact that it's raw, my goodness. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews on them, I might have to give one of them a try.

    I'm exctied for your vending machines :) if only there was one in San Diego *hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soooo jealous of you getting those goodies to sample!!! :D it's such a fun business you're going to have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many cool goodies! How do the truffles and wild jungle peanuts taste? Can't wait to hear about the chocolate spreads ;)

    My favorite snack before bed is a bowl of cereal. :) Never fails to calm me down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW fun! I want reviews on everything! Yum yum. Favorite before bed snack= apple with or without nut butter

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day! All of those products look awesome. I have been wanting to try Coconut Butter for such a long time now. Please let me know how it is.

    My favorite bedtime snack is frozen fruit with Tru Whip! I eat this almost every night, but now that it is getting colder, I think I need to find something a little warmer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so great, you get ALL the best samples!! I just have to ask you, though, where you live do people really eat like thaT? I can't imagine that type of business doing well around here, is it really different where you are? Do people buy things like vegan and organic foods from vending machines? I'm shocked, and pleasantly please, and jealous.

    Favorite before bed snack: popcorn!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOHH, i have heard of jungle peanuts, but never seen them before!!! and i just recently tried chocolate coconut butter in making katie's raw mounds bars :) yum! love all the pup photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, total score! I love the looks of all those bars. I will have a bowl of cereal if I am hungry before bed, love cereal anytime of day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous of your TJ's goodies (I don't live near one either) and all those amazing products you get to try!

    I've heard good things about those Artisana butters...yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really interested in the raw vegan chocolate spread! That sounds like an amazing product!

    I'm not a fan of goji berries...what did you think of them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO jealous of all those samples!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much for you to try! How exciting! I LOVE TJ's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love TJs! Good luck on your vending machine endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that happens to be my bedtime snack quite often! I love cottage cheese and apples before bed :) or shall I say for dessert

    great samples you got yourself there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome selection of products to try out! Are you heading back to Nebraska for Christmas at all? If so let's catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh la la sounds like Christmas came early. Enjoy all the swag, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you got the goodies pouring in--can't wait to see your business adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yumm... what an awesome score!! I think if that stuff was in a vending machine here, I would visit often! hehe... :)

    Good luck with the business, what a great idea!!
    I always get frustrated if I have to go to a vending machine, as there isn't anything healthy to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So jealous!! all that looks wonderful mmm I actually had cottage cheese, 1/2 pear and cinnamon for a after workout/before bed snack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections