Monday, December 14, 2009

Shopping, Venison, and Package

Hello everyone! : )

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I’m happy that I got a lot accomplished as far as getting ready for the holidays are concerned. I love buying things for other people, it’s fun!

Here’s the picture we used for our Christmas cards (I cropped it and added pictures of the dogs as well). I’ll have to take a picture of it when I get them in the next day or so.ABC Shopping

While Christmas shopping, I couldn’t help but pick up a few items for myself that were on sale ; ) I got these earrings for $5 … I love them … my favorite color!CCCCCC

And this necklace for $5 as well! It’s different and I think that’s why I like it.

CCCCC

Venison

And last night, we had a great dinner! Venison burgers with couscous and veggies.  My mother-in-law’s husband gave us some ground venison from a deer he got this hunting season.  We love it!  It’s even local and free range, ha! 

My friend from work also gave us some roasts from their deer but we haven’t tried it yet.  One good thing about deer is that it’s very a very lean meat.CCC CCCC 

I cooked the venison patties on a skillet with olive oil spray, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, pepper and sea salt. Deer is similar to beef in that it tastes the best medium rare. (Deer tends to get easily get tough when overcooked).CC

And I love couscous! I’ve been wanting to make a cold salad using couscous, does anyone have a recipe suggestion?

Thanks

I’d like to send a special thanks to Angela who sent me an awesome package that I got in the mail today … thanks so much, I LOVE it!! :D   (I’ll show you all the contents in tomorrow’s post ; )

Who’s ready for Christmas??

 

-Lesley

 

22 comments:

  1. Cute photo of you two!!

    TOTALLY ready for Christmas - love it :)


    Recipe with the couscous:

    http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/israeli-couscous-salad-with-grilled-summer-vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come from a big hunting family, so I used to have venison all the time - it's great in chili!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw you and Eric are going to look lovely on all of your friends and family's refrigerators ;) Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am loving the new hair. You two make the perfect Christmas card .

    I have never had venison but I remember my BF's dad would always cook this after he came back from a hunting trip. I just could never get over the smell and I think it turned me away from it.

    If I ate red meat, I might have to give it chance.

    Glad you are enjoying the Christmas season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture :) That's a very pretty wing necklace. Venison burgers?! I've had venison before, but I think it would taste a LOT better in burger form ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo! Great jewelry finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT picture girl and i love your jewelry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The venison looks so tasty. I wish they made them around here, even frozen ones I'd like to try!

    I love your Christmas card picture. You two look fantastic, and so happy. Also, great jewelry deals. What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww :) no problemo, it was fun. I was trying to figure out whether you had a Trader Joe's or not, but I didn't remember. I would've gotten carried away, but I had to restrain myself! haha cute picture of the hubby and you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, that's a great looking meal tonight. I love your Christmas picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW- your christmas picture is fantastic. You both look great. Nice dinner! I made Josh Buffalo burgers from TJs last night and he LOVES them. I wonder if he'd like venison? Hes pretty open when it comes to meet- I'll have to keep an eye out for some.

    Ideas:
    http://itzyskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/mediterraneanish-dish-winner.html

    K suggested this to me: http://ksgoodeats.wordpress.com/recipes/cranberry-almond-couscous-salad/

    Jessie suggested this to me: http://veganmindedblog.com/2009/04/03/colorful-couscous-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo of you and Eric. So adorable!
    Your jewelry finds are so cute, too, especially the teal earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love those earrings!! And that necklace too :-)

    The picture for your Christmas cards is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great photo of the 2 of you! And I LOVE those earrings. Can't wait to see your finished cards and what you got in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Christmas card photo!

    I love that necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww you guys are adorable...I love it!! :) And those earrings and necklace are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Christmas card picture, you guys look great!

    And green is my favorite color! Love the earrings :)

    Venison burgers are great, I'm jealous haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE venision burgers! Too bad all my dad and brothers have been getting lately is duck. I will pass lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the earrings and cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great pic of you & hubby! Love the jewelry finds too! Can't beat that for a bargain & pretty too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty picture!! Venison is so yum!!
    As for teh couscous - always cook it in veggie or chicken broth #1. Cold salad I mix in apple, rasins, curry, celery, shredded carrots, whatever else you can think of!! Super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You looks really glowing in that picture! I like it!! what a happy couple!
    that pair of earrings looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections