Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Jack Frost = late start

Happy-finally-Wednesday!

Well, the expected snow and cold weather arrived. Unfortunately, I didn’t get my snow day as I had hoped. I did, however, get a late start, so I took what I could get ; ) My husband was lucky and didn’t have to go in today and I was jealous!

I took some snow pictures yesterday evening before I went to bed …Picture 108Picture 109Picture 112

By the time I realized work had a late start, I was already dressed in my workout clothes ready to begin my day. So rather than going back to bed, I went about my morning anyway.

With my extra time I made French toast : )  I was reading blogs this morning and Diana’s post about French toast inspired my taste buds to crave it … thanks, Diana!Picture 125

I normally go home for lunch (as I live about 3 miles from work) but with the cold and inclement weather, staying at work sounded like the better option. I decided to pack 3 slices of some leftover Amy’s pesto pizza.  Pizza wasn’t my first choice but it did the job. Picture 131

Lunch + cube … I ate at my desk today and here is what I look at each and every day from 7-3 …Picture 134 

A few hours later when I got home from work, I snacked on an apple (I love apples!) Picture 094

I’m now off to eat some leftover chili as my taste buds and body are looking forward to the comfort of warm soup.  The temp tonight is predicted to be –3 with a wind-chill of –7 to –17 … yep, that’s cold enough for me! Ha.

While eating my warm, soothing chili, Julie & Julia is going to be our entertainment … I’m excited to see it. I’ve heard mixed reviews but the overall consensus seemed to be it was at least a cute movie worth seeing once.

Have a great evening! : )

 

-Lesley

25 comments:

  1. Oh Mine. Love the snows!!! we only get a few snow flakes last Saturday, even didn't cover the grass! so disappointed!

    The french toast looks soooo good :-D It's really a great idea to top it with some fruit ( I always forget !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have snow too:( I don't like driving in it and it is freezing! I always eat at work-saves money, fat/calories, and time:) I always eat an apple for my snack too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that you didn't get the full day! Love the looks of your french toast and the snowy pictures are so gorgeous, too bad ours didn't stay as snow, it quickly changed to rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through Off her Cork and can't wait to read more, especially breakfasts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeee!!! Chilly! The snow pictures are beautiful, but I sure wouldn't want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I cna't wait to see that!

    Today I heard that eating an apple is similar to a cup of coffee. Not bad! I got excited when I heard that.

    I saw Diana's post earlier, and I was thinking about it today actually. Kabocha French toast?? Awesome. I'm definitely in the French Toast mood now, after your wonderfully colorful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. winter sucks. nuff said about that haha ;)

    love love love that french toast! and apples? ugh i eat like 12200000 in a week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack Frost did take over. I really need to decorate my office at work, been in it for 7 months. haha

    I need to watch Julie & Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great snow pictures! I work in a cubicle too kinda. Its a room without windows and myself and each of the my 3 co-workers get a corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh its COLDDDDD there! it was 70 deg here today girl!! yes soup would de be on my dinner menu too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first picture does not look real it all, it looks like something from a disney movie, like Christmas Carol. I wish I can visit the snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man- just the looks of the snow is making me shiver :) Let me know what you think of the movie- I still haven't seen it yet either. Your desk at work is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh, that french toast, i wish i had some :/ instead i am already at work! chili sounds perfect for a snow-y day, i need to make some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWww, sory you didn't get your snow day, but a delay is never a bad thing! ;)

    I hate eating lunch in my cube but sometimes you just gotta give in.

    Glad you had a good snowy day. Hope you had a lovely evening by the fire with your chili and your man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm just popped over here from John and Steph's and wow I totally wanna bite of that French Toast! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your snow pictures and the french toast sounds really good right now for breakfast, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm...that french toast looks awesome!!

    Your snow pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trees always look so pretty covered in frost and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pretty pictures. I'm so craving French toast now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty pics :) So much snow, its crazy in my area also.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pictures are GORGEOUS! Looks cold but no joke, that 1st picture needs to be framed--like I would totally buy that in a store, it's so pretty! :)

    I'm sure if it snowed in San Diego I wouldn't be so mesmerized by it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I so love all your pics & wanted to eat that french toast right thru my monitor!!!!

    OK, I am a wimp! I grew up all along the upper east coast but have been in southern CA since 1975.. and I am complaining about our low 40's & high 30 temps in the wee hours... sorry! :-)

    Your desk is sooooooooooooooooo neat & orderly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooo wow you did get quite a bit of snow--the huge MN snow storm actually passed us up! :-)

    I love apples too..I chop em up, toss with cinnamon, and add to cottage cheese topped with a bit of cinnamon granola.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections