Sunday, December 13, 2009

Coconut milk, hair, and winner

Happy Sunday!

Hope you’ve been having a great weekend. Mine has been lovely and fairly productive. I tend to fall off of the face of the blogging earth for most of the weekend so if you all wonder why I’m not “around” it’s simply because it’s the weekend : )

Breakfast

Lately, the star of my oats has been this … So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir. A

My grocery store recently started carrying it and I had to give it a whirl. It’s really thick, almost like a thin yogurt.  By itself, it tastes a little strange and with cereal, I found the taste to be questionable. However, putting a splash in my oats makes them perfect! It thickens them up just right and adds almost a tangy sweet flare.

And the good thing about coconut milk is that it doesn’t spoil right away like cow’s milk!AAAA 

Dogs

Lately, I just can’t help but take tons of pictures of my dogs … Adrian (Husky) and Bubba (Akita) are always so photogenic. Rocky (German Sheppard), however, is not! Ha, whenever I try to take a picture of her she jumps up and mauls me and tries to stick her nose on my brand new camera’s lens and in my face.  So in case you were wondering, we DO actually have three dogs, but Rocky most of the time goes unpictured due to her hyper tendencies.

AAAAAAA

New “Do”

Here are a few pictures of my new hair just as I was about to jump on the treadmill. I decided to keep the purple and add some blonde. (I have missed my blonde hair horribly! I don’t think I’ll go all over dark anymore).

AAAAAAA AAAAAAAA

Dinner

As I stated the other day, I haven’t been doing much cooking lately and I’ve missed it! Last night I actually cooked a little bit and it was fun even though I didn’t do much.

We had chopped Smart Chicken chicken breasts cooked in a skillet with onions and zucchini seasoned with Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and some red wine vinaigrette.AAA

With some peas … (I love peas … when I was little I used to eat them frozen straight out of the freezer:)AAAAAA

And Erik had his dinner with a baked potato.  I skipped out on heavier carbs last night due to abnormally large carb consumption during the day ; )APO

Winner

Last but not least, I received a package in the mail on Saturday …. it was from a giveaway I won from Jody at Truth 2 Being Fit. The bag comes from madBaggage which an an eco-friendly, vegan handbag line. I won the large tote. (And it is large … I love it!) I’m always carrying around huge purses so this was perfect for me ; )AAAAAAAAA 

Included inside was a mini reusable tote.

AAAAAAAAAA

Thanks again Jody and madBaggage!! : )

We just took our Christmas card picture so for the rest of my Sunday afternoon, I plan on getting some more Christmas shopping done and getting our Christmas cards ready.   Ahhh … I love this time of year! : )

How has your weekend been going?

 

-Lesley

19 comments:

  1. Love your hair, girl!

    Coconut Milk Kefir? Uh, YUMM.

    Dog is so cute!!!

    Weekend is good! I'm pooped after my hockey game this morning and I have another one in an hour. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks gorgeous! your dogs are so cute. as a lover of huge dogs, bubba just makes me smile!
    i really want to try coconut milk kefir- my grocery store just started selling coconut milk, but no kefir yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fabulous pictures of the pups! So peaceful. LOVE LOVE your hair. It turned out great. Also- how awesome is under armor gear? My favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah the new hair is gorgeous.. though I'm pretty sure you'd look beautiful even if you were bald.. you've been blessed with the face of an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try the milk! I've had a Soy Delicious w/ Coconut Milk yogurt in my fridge for a while, with your review, I'm guessing it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had coconut water but not the milk yet. I think I'll have to try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dogs...and your hair! And that is one great tote. YAY!

    I'm so chicken to try any kind of kefir. I wish I could find a sample size before I commit to a big container of it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dogs are so great I can't wait to get one, or two of my own (wiht Nick, of coursE). your hair looks great! I got a hair cut this week, no color, but it looks a lot different (I don't like it actually..)

    Thanks for sharing the coconut milk kefir! I would love to try that, and now I will look out for it. Coconut is actually on the list of foods I'm not supposed to eat for IBS, but I feel like the milk might be ok. WOrth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been quite curious about what exactly Kefir was...thanks for the explanation!

    I'm obsessed with taking pictures of my cat lately...something about having sweet pets! :)

    Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought Kifer for the first time the other day. I'm really liking it, but you are right, it's too weird to drink on its own. I like to add a little fruit and granola and eat it with a spoon. Kind of like soupy yogurt! ;)

    LOVE the new hair gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your new do!! you are so stylish girlfrand!!

    NEVER had kefir..im seeing it more and more.. its like way thicker than milk right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love so delicious products and will definitely be trying this coconut milk. Love your new hair style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair is fabulous!! I love the funky purple :-) I don't dye mine anymore because I think I am FINALLY content with my natural color haha. For now anyway. And that bag looks great--I have a purse problem :-P Too many!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute hair!!! I love that you can pull off the purple - I wish I was more adventurous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks great - love the cut and the blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thx for the shout out & the bag pic Lesley! I am so glad you like it & yes, you can fit plenty in it! I will pass this on to my cousin who owns the company!

    I love your hair!!! Looks awesome along with that food too! I am such a bad cook! Even easy stuff does not come out great for me! :-) I will look for that kefir though since I love oatmeal!

    Doggies are so cute! I was attacked last year jogging so it is hard when I am out & see a dog but I still like them & just way more careful now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your new hairdo looks great!! ok your dogs are the cutest, great pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair is gorgeous, your dog is adorable, and So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir is yummalicious! I LOVE the strawberry flavor and have it in my morning smoothie every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections