Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wii made it back

Hey bloggies!

Well, we are officially back home in Missouri after our extended holiday in Nebraska. We’re  glad we ended up staying a day late, though I’m not thrilled about not having a break to get my home back in order before having to go to work. Oh well!

On our extra free day at my parent’s, we hung out with my sister and her husband playing Wii and being entertained by her dogs.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
While playing Wii, we snacked on frozen grapes. I had never tried grapes frozen but they were so good! Erik and I are definitely going to have to freeze some grapes of our own to snack on … the purple ones were the best!

Have you ever had frozen grapes? If not, you should serious try it … they’re surprisingly delicious ;)AAAAAAA
For the rest of our lazy day, we hung out at my parent’s house doing just about nothing. (Ha, that can be both really nice and really boring at the same time).A AA   AAA AAAA

We finally left Sunday morning to head home. We figured the roads would have some bad patches and sure enough, they did! Here’s the worst of it …  AAAAAAAAAA Several cars were in ditches and we drove by an accident probably seconds after it had happened but we made it home safe. Thankfully, the sun came out and the roads melted more and more as the day went on.

We came home to find that we had to dig ourselves into the garage and into our house, ha. Here’s what Erik’s Jeep looks like …AAAAAAAAAAAA

And now it’s back to reality and another work week is upon us. Then we’ll begin a whole new year! : )

Exciting things are in store for 2010!

Have a great Monday!!

image

21 comments:

  1. I hear you on needing a day to get the house in shape before having to go to work. The good news is this is a short week and being the week between Christmas and New Years most people are on vacation which means no real work (didn't I say that out loud ;) )

    I have never had frozen grapes... I will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm frozen grapes are like candy!
    i'm in st. louis, mo right now, and we got quite a bit of snow and ice here too! be careful on the roads - i've seen a lot of people sliding off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mann i shouldave asked for a wii!!
    i LOVE frozen grapes..reminds me.. i need to eat them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have frozen grapes almost every night. They are especially delightful when you dip them in Tru-whip! :) Makes such a lovely dessert. :)

    Glad you enjoyed your weekend with family and CRAZY about the snow waiting for you when you got home. Hope you were able to shovel out. ;)

    Take care sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVVVVVVVVE frozen grapes. Just like candy :) Glad you guys enjoyed your last day of your trip. Hope work isn't too bad this morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I'm jealous of the snow. We did get some, but not much at all.

    I love Wii bowling, but I'm not very good. PRactice makes perfect! As for frozen grapes, I actually recommend to people that they freeze their grapes so they don't eat a ton at once. When they are cold they are less easy to eat by the handful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it home safely!

    I'm horrible at Wii and any related video games. I just don't have the talent for it, I guess. :-)

    I've eaten frozen grapes before, and I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE frozen grapes!! glad you had a nice holiday, lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got home safe & sound!

    Love the pics & doing nothing or just relaxing can be good!!! Many of us need that more than we get!

    Frozen grapes.. YUMMY! I love the red grapes too!

    Onward to 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love frozen grapes but they hurt my sensitive teeth! *OUCH!*

    I love all the dog's hanging around. Animals are such good company.

    Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound - even if you had to dig yourselves out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OBSESSED with wii!! :) hope you had an amazing christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad y'all made it back safely, but oh my, that picture of Erik's jeep is scary! :)

    I used to freeze grapes all the time! They get such a great, icy consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you and Erik made it back safely. So much snow and ice!

    I giggled at the picture of the small dog jumping up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wii is so addicting! When my family first got it last year I literally played Wii tennis for 5 hours.. I was so sore the next day!

    Glad you made it back safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. my mom always used to feed us frozen grapes in lieu of frozen popsicles or other treats...we called them nature's little ice pops LOL! so yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're back safely! Wii bowling...or any Wii games with a group are the best! Always have fun!

    I couldn't agree more -- frozen grapes are WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, I'm a frozen grape fan too.

    I have only played a bit of Wii, but loved the tennis with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Frozen grapes are the best! I haven't played Wii in 2+ years, and I miss it. :( Last game I played was Mario Soccer, which was quite fun, but I was pretty bad compared to my opponent... haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you made it home safely. The Wii is so much fun. I will have to try frozen grapes. I bet they taste great. My son would probably love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ugh dumb weather!! We got just about the same amount here I bet. Glad you had safe travels. I just got a bunch of new games for the Wii and have been playin em'!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loveeeeeeee frozen grapes!! YUM!

    Glad you guys made it home safe and sound... happy shoveling!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections