Thursday, December 31, 2009

Highlights of 2009, blogiversary

Happy New Year!

Not only are we at the close of 2009 and at the beginning of a new year, but Lesley Lifting Life (which used to be Lesley Living Life) is just a little over one year old today : )

I had no idea I would still be blogging a year later. I was simply googling/surfing the web for healthy recipes/nutrition articles and I came across the wonderful Itzy’s Kitchen. I’d never been a blog reader but I saw Erica sharing her delicious healthy recipes, talking about Body Attack, etc and I thought, “Fun!” Haha. Shortly after, I started my own blog and discovered there was endless amounts of blogs out there!!

I started my blog late December of ‘08, so …. HAPPY 1 YEAR BLOGIVERSARY to Lesley Lifting Life! ;)

I thought it’d be fun to share some highlights of this past year so here goes …

  • Erik and I made numerous trips to the Big City (KC) and discovered we love it there. We’re very thankful it’s just 45 minutes away!

image

 

n1294050065_30019923_1926

image

  • Started working out at home and built up a home gym. (We’re currently redoing our basement workout room … pictures to follow soon!)

 

  • I discovered my love for lifting and realized I’m much more tough than I thought.

image

  • Got a new “old” dog and we can’t help but love him! (Bubba is my father-in-law’s dog but we’ve had him since August)

image

  • Got a blog makeover by Mommy Doodles (she comes highly recommended by me!! :)

 

  • We decided to start a new business venture, Originally Organic Vending. Our machines should be launched the beginning of 2010!

All in all, it has been a great year and  I’m looking forward to seeing what 2010 will bring!! : ) Thank you, each and every one of you, for reading!! : )

Have a great time celebrating the new year and be safe!

image

21 comments:

  1. wow, has it really been a little over a year? nice post, I love reading Itzy's post too, she is so sweet!
    and the same has happened for me, I loved to read everyones blog including yours, very inspiring and fun, which is why I started one :)


    Hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe it's already been a year!
    your lifting is definitely inspiring me - my new years resolution is to life more! i find that when i run so much i forgot about lifting and my upper body strength wanes.
    your vending machine venture is so exciting! it would be great if they eventually made it to sports stadiums (especially in St. Louis!)! I hate going to sports games and having to either sneak something in my purse or wait until after because theres nothing appealing to eat!
    good luck with your new year and thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww great recap!! so sweet about the 2 year :) and great health story girl! happy new year lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year! Happy New Year - wish you the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a lot of new restaurants this year, too, but it was mostly squished into the last 5 months or so, haha. I have terrible upper body strength, so I should work on that (IF I'm not too lazy. eh...). I hope you have a wonderful New Year's celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on an awesome 2009! I've really enjoyed reading your blog, and look forward to what's to come :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary and Happy New Year! Can't wait to read another year of your amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. I hope you have a great 2010~

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw I love that picture of the wedding! I vote you do a wedding flashback.. basically because I'm kind of obsessed with you and the dude ;)

    Happy New Year and blogiversary, Lesley! *muah!*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your positive attitude, Lesley. You are an inspiring blogger<3
    love you
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW is all I can say! You do the real life well! I must take lessons! Huge congrats on all you have accomplished & it is alot!!!!!

    I am so jealous that you talked to Tosca!!!! I was not here at your blog then. I am a long time reader of Oxygen Women's Fitness!

    Lesley, wish you all the best with your new business venture.. GREAT!!!!! Come our way(southern CA)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, has it really been a year? Crazy! I feel like you were one of the first people who I really started connecting with and I am so happy that we did because you are truly an amazing person in my life.

    Congrats on the blogiversary and Happy New Year darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic recap of your year!! I love your wedding picture, will you post more some day? I'd love to see your pictures!

    This year has brought a lot of health and happiness to your life, and I'm so happy for you. I look forward to continue following you on your journey! And, I can't wait to hear more about your vending machine business, hopefully that's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog - love it! Wishing you all the best with your new business - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary! (or whatever it is! hehe)

    Looks like you had a beautiful year!!

    Take care and cheers to the next year!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary!! I love Erica's blog as well.

    Can't wait to see what this year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy blogiversary, lesley!
    looking forward to more blog reading and seeing what 2010 holds for you.
    love the idea of healthy vending machines!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! Wow, you've had a wonderful year! I loved reading your re-cap. So jealous of your home gym and I love the idea of healthier vending machines! Many more good things to come for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Since I only found this fabulous blogging community in October, it's been great to catch up with what happened before that in 2009. And wow, what an awesome year. Happy Blogiversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is so sweet. <3 ya and your blog. So glad you got started. I love reading about your healthy eats, your incredible relationship with Erik and all of the adventures on the side. Your truly inspire me to want to be STRONGER! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections