Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Much Excitement!

Happy Thursday!!

First off, thank you guys all so much for the nice comments about my hair, you guys are the best! : )

My Thursday started out fairly normal ... got up, jumped on the treadmill, got ready for work, went to work, etc. And then I got home and all the excitement began!

First, I walk over to the mailbox and what do I see??? Yes, my secret cupid gift ... hooray!!!! It was from Laura at Body Mind & Soul.Thanks SO much, Laura!! : ) I was so excited to see my package with it's cute little note!! And you can't tell from the picture but when this next one was taken, there was already a delicious Tazo tea out of the package being drank! Yum! Good job, Laura ;) As you can see it includes Tazo Awake tea, Sharkies, some Z bars, the cutest little cups, and some dark chocolate Dove hearts (which you can't see in the pic). Can't wait to try it all!!

So then the next exciting part of my night occurs ... my husband told me a couple days ago that we were going out of town this weekend but wouldn't tell me what we are going to do. (He likes to surprise me and I like to be suprised). So, I've been speculating and speculating and tonight I was questioning him and he decided to spill the beans (at least some of them). And I'm SO excited and CAN'T WAIT!

We're going to stay in an eco friendly hotel in Kansas City on Saturday night, and he made dinner reservations at an organic restaurant. I don't know what the restaurant or the hotel is called ... that's going to be a surprise. Erik and I haven't gone anywhere or done anything exciting like this in a long time so I'm thrilled (as if you can't already tell). Ha, I tend to get way overly excited about things and just can't help myself! lol. We've never done anything this neat for Valentine's Day before either. I know some people think V-Day is lame but I think it's a great excuse to spend time and do something fun with my wonderful husband : ) Anyone else have plans?

And to end the post, since I've been talking about my husband, here he is chillin' on the kitchen counter in his hoodie and slippers, lol.

19 comments:

  1. hahaha what is your husband doing?? Crazy men! Fun weekend ahead of you!! Ross and I really wanted to go away this weekend, but we're trying to save up some mula. Still not sure what we're doing, we have to finalize tonight!

    And I love your new pic..so cute! :) Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds awesome!!!!
    i've never been to an organic restaurant - you'll have to tell us about it :) haha
    sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot to be excited about! I hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks SOOOO GOOD!!! LOVE IT! Have fun this weekend I'm so interested in those eco hotels, so chic and green :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you!!! I totally know the excitement!!!! Josh and I don't get to do stuff like that often either. You know, being a young couple, working, money ect ect! So it's a real treat when we do! Have sooo much fun! Hah! Your hubby is cracking me up!
    Love you Leslie! It's such a blessing to blog with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley! I just posted on my blog about how excited I was to receive the Secret Cupid package you sent me! Thanks again!

    Hope you have a wonderful time on your Valentine's vacation! I'll be interested to hear about that organic restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what an awesome package! And your husband is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great gift package!
    have a nice weekend with your lovely husband! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun secret cupid gift! I also cannot wait to hear about your fun weekend! What a great husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gift from Laura; and hooray for a surprise getaway!! Have fun!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SOO thrilled you liked my package!!I have been just itching to comment because I've been reading ever since Lee sent me your info!

    Have fun with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I am sooo happy you liked the package! I couldn't wait to comment on your blog since Lee gave me your address! Weren't those cups darling?!

    I like your hair too! and I am going to make your lemon chickpea stirfry soon! :-)

    oh and there is an l at the end of my name- so its Laural not Laura... but its such a common mistake so no worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! For Valentine's Day. I love it too. As for plans, we don't really have any big plans, maybe just sitting around the house playing games and chillin' - We need that! But I have asked about going ice skating too or even bowling that night, something we both like but don't often do, especially just the two of us. You'll have to tell me all about your fun weekend Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited for Valentine's Day too! I hope you have a great weekend getaway...can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute of your hubby to surprise you! He needs to teach mine how that works! I hope you have so much fun on your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha, chillin on the counter! fabulous :) happy early v day

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww girl that is so sweet of the hubby to make those plans for valentines day. and I happen to LOVE valentines day, i never think its cheesy! haha. You are going to have the BEST time. love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. This photo is hysterical. Does he lounge like that when you cook, too?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections