Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grocery Shopping, Etc

Good afternoon on this lovely Sunday! I like Sundays, if you can't tell ... relaxing morning, church, lunch with family ... doesn't get much better than that : )

First, a bit of recap from yesterday ... grocery shopping was a huge success. We've been trying to spend less and find good deals on things and we did pretty good yesterday. First off, some people at work told my husband about a local market nearby that we didn't know existed so we decided to check it out. It was called Fleek's Market and we will DEFINITELY be buying all our fruit/veggies from there from now on. We got stuff way cheaper than we would have been able to at a grocery store and we very excited we found it, so we got A LOT, lol.
Here's the tally: (yes, I know it's a lot ... keep in mind it's for two weeks and we eat fruits and veggies in every single meal) ...

38 bananas (we freeze many of them for shakes)
3 pears
14 grapefruits

19 apples

2 4lbs sweet potatoes
(these things are HUGE)
4 lemons
13 oranges

6 tomatoes

5 zucchinis

4 huge onions


But the coolest part is we got all that for only 40 dollars and that is way cheaper than we ever could have gotten all that in any grocery store around here ... hooray for saving! Then, at Hyvee, where we got all our other groceries, we were ecstatic to find half gallon organic milk on sale for one dollar per half gallon!!! That's 2 dollars per gallon organic milk, people!! We were excited and amazed. haha. So, we got six of them, aka 3 gallons which only equaled six dollars, which is normally what just one gallon of organic milk there costs! What will we do with all that milk, you ask? Make yogurt! (and drink a little of it, too ;)

Now onto today ... here was breakfast this morning with my new kind of Ezekiel cereal ... 1/2 cup Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel cereal with some frozen raspberries, some cinnamon and almond milk along with some goji berry green tea. Perfect!

Random snack that I've been having lately that tastes way too good ... a mini Ezekiel wrap with almond butter and some agave nectar. Last but not least, my husband and I went to Old Navy and Target after we ate lunch with my mother-in-law (at Panera) after church and I went away with some very cute and inexpensive shirts (mostly for work), a shirt, and a pair of shoes. I'm all about bargain shopping, I rarely buy any clothes or shoes at full price and I usually have pretty good luck at both Target and Old Navy. My husband and I don't get to shop together often and it was fun! : ) I couldn't seem to take a good picture, so that will have to do ...

That's about all for now, folks. Sorry if I haven't been commenting as much as usual, I've been busy havin' too much fun hangin' out with my husband this weekend, but I'm still here and am still reading and enjoying all your blogs!!

Also, check out Kelly at Every Gym's Nightmare ... I always enjoy her posts and her giveaway this week is a Arctic Flash V-Neck Tank Top from Danskin. Who doesn't love a clothes giveaway?

I hope you all have had a wonderful, joy-filled, pleasant kind of weekend!! : )

16 comments:

  1. Sweet grocery deals!!! :) I love when I find something on sale that I wasn't expecting!!

    And girl - we would have THE most fun shopping together, it sounds like your clothing shopping philosophy is the same a mine. I always go straight to clearance (I <3 Target and Old Navy), and I love Ross stores too!! :)

    Have fun with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome shopping trip!

    My dog Rocky is a mutt - golden retriever, malamute, and samoyed. He's basically a big, tan furball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is such a superb haul and such a great deal! Glad you were able to find out about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW i have never in my life heard of getting all of that produce for such a price!!! wow.. bargain shopping is your forte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man! you really stocked up on the fruits! I can not believe that it was all that cheap too...girl you are GOOD! I went grocery shopping today as well.
    Glad you had a fun weekend with the hubby, dear and thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. you are the BEST! love ya tons! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME shopping trip! you got so much great stuff!:)

    I love love love those shoes and those shirts!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ps. I added you to my bloglist :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! I can't believe those prices! We need to move out there! Glad you had a great weekend! Way cute top. I would totally wear that:) Such a blessing to know you through the blogging world:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic shopping trip!!!
    But there is no need to spend lots money on your grocery shopping, use printable grocery coupons for your grocery shopping at www.clickmycoupon.com and you can save lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAAAAAAAABULOUS food-shopping and clothes shopping!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love good grocery deals! I always buy oats and eggs and yogurt in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 38 nanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    nuf said :)

    happy monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu got some cute clothes! And wow, what great deals on all that produce... Lol about the 38 bananas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got a ton of great deals! Everything sounds and looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some great groceries! I'm excited to see all the fabulous produce!

    Those clothes are super cute too! I am a shoeaholic! Glad you had a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loveeeeee the clothes and shoes! the shoes are so freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections