Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stuffed Eggplant, Award, and Greek Yogurt

Hello Everyone!

First off, thanks for the eggplant suggestions from the other day ... I appreciated them and it gave me a ton of good ideas! After taking your idea into consideration and looking at a few websites some of you suggested, here's what I came up with. My husband doesn't like eggplant, so we just kinda made our own dinners last night. Ha, so not gonna lie, I don't follow recipes very well. Typically, I just look a bunch of different recipes, use ideas from them all and throw in some more ingredients ... so if I can remember it all, here's how I made my ...

Stuffed Eggplant
-1 Turkey breast
-1 medium sized eggplant
-chopped tomatoes
-chopped onions
-chopped cabbage
-chopped mushrooms
-rice cheese
-sea salt
-pepper
-garlic and herb seasoning
-red wine vinaigrette

Directions: -Slice eggplant in half long ways, put on baking sheet and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes, or until tender.
-When the eggplant is almost done, saute onions and mushrooms, add chopped turkey breast and cook until almost all done.
-While the chopped turkey breast is cooking, remove tender eggplant from the oven and scoop out middle of eggplant, leaving a little bit on the sides and bottom.
-Add scooped out eggplant to the pan with the turkey, along with the tomatoes, cabbage, and seasonings of choice
-Finally, put contents of pan inside the hollowed out egg plant halves and top with rice "mozzarella" cheese or cheese of choice followed by red wine vinaigrette
I think I could have made it more tasty, but I still ended up very happy with the delicious result of my first time cooking with eggplant and I now officially like eggplant : )

Moving on, I'm very excited to say that today I received my FIRST blog award!! It was the "Kreativ Blogger Award" from the wonderful and lovely Emily, at The Life and Times of Em. I was having kind of a "bleh" morning until I saw this award, in which my day was immediately brigthened : )Thanks SO much, Emily ... you DEFINITELY deserved this award, too! Her wonderful, fun personally always comes out in each blog and they're all a delight to read : )

Stay tuned to my next post as I pass the award on to five other Kreativ Bloggers!

And to wrap this post up, here's the most recent batch of yogurt I made. For some reason it turned out extra tasty and I can't wait to eat it for my morning break tomorrow! (sorry for the not so good picture ... bad lighting!)
Tomorrow is Hump Day already, weird! I hope it's a WONDERFUL and BLESSED day!!

Question ... what's your favorite day of the work week?

27 comments:

  1. That yogurt looks amazing!!! It looks as thick and creamy and tasty as Italian gelato!! You've got mad yogurt skills my sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM that yogurt looks so yummy! I was going to say it looks like gelato, too!

    Wednesdays are my favorite because I know I can make it through the last two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make that yogurt! It looks so much better than what I would buy in the store. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday is my fav!! It means the weekend is right around the corner!
    I had to laugh when you said you make up your own recipes, because I do the same thing! mainly to cut costs. I see how its made and see how I can make it with the stuff I have in my fridge/ pantry. I'd say were just creative:)
    Have a great night friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! How are you? Your dinner looks so good! Josh isn't an eggplant fan either so whenever I make it, I make it for just me too! Glad the yogurt turned out well- hooray! Favorite work day is def Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word- that stuffed eggplant looks great!!! my favorite day of the work week is thursday!
    have a great night, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so great in the kitchen! I wish I was as adventurous and creative as you! :) You deserve that award!

    I loved your post dedicated to your husband too! You two are so cute and he seems like such a great man!

    Oh, and my fave weekday is Monday.. becasue I dont have to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with your method though. I love mixing different recipes and ideas together too! And your dinner turned out great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! You deserve all the awards out there :)

    And I LOVE your post below. I'm sending you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried commenting yesterday and blogger wasn't working? or maybe I'm just not computer savvy. hopefully this will go through today.

    Oh well! That recipes looks yummy! I am so like you in the way that I never follow recipes. I like a little of everything in my recipe so I just throw everything in ;)

    Congrats on your first award! That's exciting. Very Kreativ for sure, especially with this new recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Homemade yogurt?! Wow! Very cool. The eggplant looks great.
    Congrats on your award :)
    Favorite day = FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous eggplant dish and congratulations on the well-deserved award!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job with the stuffed eggplant.
    congrats on the award.
    and how did u make yogurt? do you have a yogurt maker? it looks so thick like greek yogurt! I'm so intrigued.

    my fav. day of the week? definitely sunday (my only free-work day)

    have a nice wednesday :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh you made your own yogurt!? that is impressive. The eggplant stuffing looks great as well- I do the same thing with my recipes- i look at a bunch of recipes and then just throw everything I want to in ... :-)

    my favorite days... hmm... i love everyday right now because there is always one part that I look foward to the most! I think because I have different classes at different times so each day holds something new!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my favorite day of the work week is wednesday (today!) Its my busiest day so i make the most money, and then i know that thursday is my friday!

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the award and great recipe for the stuffed eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg, I wanna live in your kitchen and steal your yogurt! that looks sinfully rich and creamy, like gelato or something!
    oh, and eggplants! yay! glad you liked them. I always eat them as my eggplasta pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally do that w/recipes! I feel like reading so many from diff blogs gives me a good idea...but it would be smart to follow one specifically! Whatevs :D My fave day- Thursday, i don't know why but it was so fun in college!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the award! Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables. And I love it when it's combined with kinds of meat. You're so creative in this recipe.
    And would you mind is I dig my spoon into that creamy yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  20. i had SUCH issues commenting all yesterday. i couldnt see the confirmation word...anyways, yes you should DEF see slumdog, it was SOOOO good. also, i loved the post on eriks eats. does he still body build? and great message at the end, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. that looks so good! i wish i liked eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad your eggplant dish worked so well! It's one of my favorite veggies. And wow, that greek yogurt looks so amazingly creamy!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The eggplant looks so good! I have not had eggplant in such a long time. And congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats on the award! you definitely deserve it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not very good at following recipes either :)

    My favorite day is Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congrats on the award!!
    stuff eggplant sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your eggplant looks awesome! One of my favorite vegetables (if thats even possible because I'm pretty sure I am in love with every veggie).

    Congrats on the award. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections