Monday, February 23, 2009

Erik's Eats



I'd like to dedicate this post entirely to my husband, Erik. A few of our friends have been reading my posts on facebook and wanted me to post what Erik typically eats in a day, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

He's the one who got me into actually caring about nutrition, eating healthy, staying active, etc and he's taught me so much and I love it! I'm extremely grateful and blessed to have him as a husband!!So, here are examples of basically all Erik eats in a day ... (ha, it's a lot of food ... he's a growing boy;)

5:30 a.m. Sandwich that consists of 2 eggs, 1 egg white, 3 tbs rice, Mrs. Dash's seasoning with two pieces of 2% organic cheese on cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread with Low Carb Heinz ketchup, followed by a banana or and apple and around 6 almonds 8:30 a.m. A serving of almonds (aka large handful, about 24) ... he said he doesn't eat this everyday, but more times than not he does

10:00 a.m. 1/2 lb. chicken or turkey with 1 cup rice and around 1/2 lb veggies with a half an apple (not pictured) 12:30 p.m. Something very similar to the above, or the same amount of rice and meat in a salad, the other half of the apple, along with some carrots and hummus 3:00 p.m. Peanut butter and banana sandwich and an apple 6:30 p.m. After workout shake consisting of 2 bananas, 5 pitted dates, 8 ounces skim milk, spoonful cacao powder, 2 Tbs greek yogurt, 2 packets of truvia (no picture ... sorry!)

7:30 p.m. Dinner usually consisting of 3/4 lb. meat, 1/2 lb veggies, and 1 cup rice ... Example: 3 chicken patties (made with ground Smart Chicken), assorted veggies, and a brown rice/quinoa mix 8:15 p.m. 1 piece Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and an apple or banana (see the 3 p.m. picture minus a piece of bread)

And of course, types of meat, rice, veggies, and fruit are subject to change day by day, but that's the basic idea of what Erik eats in a day. (And in case anyone cares, he pretty much only ever drinks water, tea, little bit of milk, and almond milk)

Right before I even met him, he made this video about himself and since we're on the topic of him I thought I'd post it. It's about his transformation in being overweight, then becoming a bodybuilder, and his transformation spiritually. (And if you're going to watch it, you have to watch it all the way to the end because that's the only part he cares about.)

Here's his description of the video:
"I had a rough time as a kid. So all my life I tried to find things to heal the pain I had inside of me. I partied, I slept around, I had lots of money, I dieted and got skinny, lifted got huge, and just about any and everything else the world told me would lead me to happiness. But nothing ever took an ounce of pain away from me and in fact it only made me feel worse. I'd put all my hope in what I would do at the time and tell myself this was going to be the thing that heals me. That truly makes me happy. But I never found that. Everything I always found faded away usually in a matter of weeks. Until one day when Jesus Christ radically crashed into my life and in one instant took every ounce of pain that had ever been stored away right out of me. From that moment on I decided to live for the only thing that ever healed me, the only thing that ever made me happy on the inside. He loved me when I didn't even love myself. This is a short video of one of my fruitless searches. "


Hope you all have a GREAT Tuesday! : )
And stay tuned for my next post, in which I will reveal what I ended up doing with my first experience with an eggplant ...

7 comments:

  1. Very inspirational post!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are some eats!
    How was your weekend????

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could eat like a man. haha
    he seems to be pretty healthy!!
    love the banana sammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kale chips are so good and so easy to make. All I do is cut up some kale into good size pieces, spray with some EVOO, sprinkle with course salt and pepper and bake in a 400* oven for about 10-12 min. They turn out great, very crunchy and are perfect for any salty, crispy, chip craving.
    You should definitely give them a try!

    What a great post on your hubby's eats. I don't think my guy could ever take the time to actually think about what he consumes throughout the day, but I think I might have to give it a try and see if I can notice his daily food intake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! What a man with a hearty healthy appitite you've got there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections