Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snowy Saturday

This morning we woke up to 4-5 inches of snow! I was hoping that Spring was here and that Winter was over, but apparently not yet.

Due to this snowy day and to the fact that it's Saturday, I have not even left the house yet! We started a fire but unfortunately the wood we have does NOT like to burn no matter what we do so it was short lived.

I felt like cooking and would have liked to have cooked or baked a lot today, but I did make Crustless Healthy Mini Quiches. I got the recipe out of the latest issue of Clean Eating magazine, but had to adapt it because I didn't think ahead. We had just enough greek yogurt left to start a new batch, so I started making that before the quiches only to realize this recipe called for greek yogurt (I had forgotten and wasn't thinking straight) and of course it wouldn't be done in time ... therefore, I had to do without. (In case you missed my recent blog "How to Make Greek Yogurt", check it out).

But, they still tasted great (though I'm quite sure they would have been even better with the yogurt)! Of course I couldn't do without a green monster today since trying one yesterday for the first time. (It had a half a banana, spinach, and almond milk in it and was very tasty!)Lunch was a spinach salad (I've had a lot of spinach today) with a bunch of yummy veggies and seasonings in it. The salad was followed by a big, juicy grape fruit. Erik and I are off to actually DO something now. Tonight is date night and we're going to cook a nice dinner together, followed by ice cream and a movie! : )

24 comments:

  1. Lots of snow here too :-(

    LOOOVE the recipes in 'Clean Eating' magazine!!

    Aww have a fabulous date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you've got snow. Bere in Yorkshire (UK) it's starting to feel warmer, spring is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha we had dinner, ice cream and movie night tonight, too! Except we went out to dinner, since it was in honor of Ross' birthday. :)

    Hope the rest of your snowy weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy smokes thats a ton of snow!!
    lovely looking dinner! have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love snow days! perfect for a movie the boy!
    Have a great time!

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious quiches!
    Lesley, I was trying to find cloth-lined to make greek yogurt, but didn't find it in groceries store. Where did you get it?
    And how much yogurt you make from 1 gallon of milk?
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quiches are so cute!!! Enjoy your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh, sorry about the snow. But you sure had a tasty day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the snow is coming our way tomorrow! The quiches look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Clean Eating magazine!

    We're expecting snow tomorrow and Monday. I'd like at least one good storm to get me out of work! It never snows enough to accumulate here anymore.

    Hope you enjoyed date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those crustless mini quiches look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh Lesley thanks for the mention in the previous post! Busy weekend for me so I am just now catching up on my blog reading haha... but keep experimenting with the green monsters.. i throw so mch random stuff in mine all the time and it always comes out good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hope we dont get the snow here! I am so done with it!

    I hope you had a fabulous date ngiht with your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh lady you guys eat so healthy. I am thinking I might have to try this green monster.

    I hope you guys had a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love mini-quiches! Those look so cute and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those look so cute, and your date night sounds adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy quiche! I wonder how it would taste like with yogurt...never heard of baking quiche with yogurt, but sounds absolutely marvelous! are you allowed to share the recipe since you adapted it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm... I love quiche! Your drink sounds nice and healthy! I made something similar before... it had spinach, celery, zucchini, blueberries, and a banana in it. Now that you've reminded me of it, I will have to make it again! Hope you had fun on your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm . . . clean eating magazine? Haven't seen it before but will have to check it out - I like the sound of that! Hope date night was fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Snow...don't miss snow! i have been enjoying nice warm weather...love warm weather!=) your food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I am late to say it but I like the mini blog makeover :)
    Love Clean Eating! Those crustless quiches look great--I've gotta find that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, I love the quiche muffins! We make things similar to that a lot. Enjoy your night!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We woke up to snow yesterday, too! It was fun but I'm also ready for spring. Your quiches look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections