Thursday, February 19, 2009

Working Eats

Yay for Thursday!

It was extra hard to get up this morning and I don't know about you, but it definitely feels like it should be more like Friday!

Here's some eats from yesterday, not too exciting because I was at work forever. Morning snack = apple and some almonds. Lunch = spinach leaf salad with chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, some brussels, almond cheese, onions, Ezekiel penne pasta, garlic and herb seasoning and red wine vinaigrette with an orange. I got to eat lunch with my friend, Danelle yesterday ... (hi, Danelle!). I only have a 30 minute lunch break so she met me at work and we ate in her car together : ) Afternoon snack = carrots, sliced zucchini and hummus And since I had youth group tonight and didn't know how late I'd end up saying at work, I packed dinner, too. I ended up going home about an hour before I needed to go to youth group, but I ate this (plus more) anyways. A sammy on Ezekiel bread with chopped chicken breast, zucchini, tomatoes, almond cheese, onions, a little bit of hummus and some honey mustard along with some veggies.

We're leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to an adult leader retreat at the Great Wolf Lodge in KC with the youth group we help with this weekend, so that should be fun. What are your plans for the weekend?

(and have a GREAT Thursday ; )

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend!

    I'm going to the Spy Museum on Friday night. Other than that, I don't have anything specific planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, such a lovely trip you have planned!! Hang in there until then!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trip sounds fun! Not sure what's on my weekend agenda. I'm just looking forward to the weekend being here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend, sounds like fun! I'll be spending my weekend at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the weekend being close! I don't have any big plans but it's hard to have a bad weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are too sweet, thank you so much for the encouraging comment. Just another example of why im glad we are friends :)

    Have so much fun this weekend...I have big plans too! Im going to Nashville, TN for the weekend to see my cousin off to Korea, where he will be teaching english for a year. It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love retreats!
    My weekends are always centred around church. youth group on fri, prayer meeting on sat, sunday service on sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your salad combo! I'm not sure what my weekend plans are. I cannot believe it's already Thursday! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Wolf Lodge is soo much fun! We've been to one in Williamsburg VA recently - you are going to have a blast!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my site! It's nice to "meet" you and please visit often and keep in touch!

    your new friend - Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Thursday is right! Your salad sounds so good. Was that almond cheese? Interesting!

    Have a fun day! (And thanks for your support with my shins!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy thurs! this weekend i have a few dinner dates with some girlfriends. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That will be a fun weekend! I don't have much going onfor this weekend. Work, maybe a gymnastics meet, spend time with the husband..thats about it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont know my plans for the weekend! itll be a suprise i guess!

    great eats

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy food girl! I wanna try that salad. have fun on your retreat! I love going on retreats. Their just so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. delicious eats!
    my plans involve buckets of homework :\

    ReplyDelete
  16. lurve brussels on salad- so good! Have a ton of fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds great! And oh my gosh, love your eats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lesley!

    Love your blog! Do you mind if I add it to my blogroll? Thanks!

    -Foodie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'm impressed with all the veggies you packed into your day. Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections