Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hangin' Out With My Best Friend, Eggplant Question

How was your weekend?

Mine has been good, and as you can tell ... I haven't been on the blog world much in the last day and a half. But I'm here now : )

Last night my best friend and I hung out and had a lot of fun! (That's my husband;)

We went to a concert and relaxed while drinking some tea, then we went to the grocery store and got some food, came home cooked dinner, and watched a movie. We cooked dinner together, but he pretty much mostly did it. I stood around and did miscellaneous things and took pictures such as this:
And this:I love my husband. As I was getting ready to go for the night I was upstairs in the bathroom doing my hair, makeup, etc and I couldn't help but laugh and smile because I can hear my husband downstairs blaring Johnny Cash and singing along at the top of his lungs. Haha ... (he loves Johnny Cash, btw).

Anyways, back to dinner ... Chopped turkey breast cooked with sesame oil, tomatoes, avocado, zucchini, chick peas, mushrooms and onions ...
... with Ezekiel fettuccine. Unfortunately I didn't take a completed picture but it was very good!

And for breakfast this morning ... a half a cup of original Ezekiel cereal with half an apple, packet of Truvia, almond milk, and some allspice. Typically I use cinnamon but I was out so I improvised with allspice and it was a nice little change. I'm finding I love this combo with apples rather than frozen berries a lot, too. Mmm! Here's pre-almond milk ... I ate it with a half of a kiwi because I just bought some and couldn't resist.We just got back from going to Fleek's Market and getting a bunch of yummy produce that I'm excited to eat! A couple pieces of produce to note that I haven't gotten in awhile are ... eggplant, squash, and a cabbage. I LOVE produce!!

Anyone have any good ideas of what I should do with my eggplant? I've thought of making stuffed eggplants or something like that but haven't decided yet, so if you have any really good recipes/ideas I'm all ears : )

Hope your weekend has gone well!!

14 comments:

  1. I love fresh produce too! I can't wait for spring!

    Your dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look how impressive your hubby is with the cooking!

    My favorite dish with eggplant is pasta alla norma. It's eggplant, tomatoes, basil, and cheese, which are all cooked up together and then eaten over pasta. It's delish. The basil really brings out the amazing flavors in the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely that you cook together!!

    Check out Food Network's website for great eggplant (and ANY) recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy pasta - i didn't know ezekiel made pasta!

    awww thats so cute your husband is your best friends
    (im such a girl i know haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wow, dinner looks so great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your hubby are so cute! Dinner looks delicous, and how nice to have someone cook it for you for the most part! Glad you had a great weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've got everything ezekiel! i love it. i would love to find some of thier pasta. looks like you had a wonderful weekend :) I usually love to grill my eggplant and eat it with hummus and feta, simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby love cooking together too :) That pasta looks great--you're sold me on the Ezekiel products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...your dinner looks so good! Makes me want to make something similar tonight. It really is so wonderful to be married to your best friend...there's nothing like it really. I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

    If you make any eggplant recipes that turn out good, definitely post them. I've tried to make eggplant twice, and it was a disaster both times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet that you and your hubby are best friends, that's the way it should be! :) Ezekiel pasta sounds very healthy. I have never cooked eggplant, but at this chinese restaurant I always get a dish with braised tofu and eggplant in some kind of garlic sauce. It's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to make something called "Poor Man's Caviar" with my eggplant. It makes a really good spread for sandwiches. What you do is you take the eggplant and pierce it with a fork about 20 times. Make sure you go all over it. Then I put it in the oven, on a pan, at 350 for about 30 - 45 minutes. It should come out looking like a deflated tire. Cut it open and scoop out the flesh and mix it with a little lemon juice, pepper, olive oil and salt. It'll keep for a week or so and it is great on toast or over pasta for a cold salad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. grilled eggplant is pretty tasty...but slice it thin otherwise it takes a decade!!! (topped with marinara and cheese, you cant do wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Normally I wouldn't make something like Eggplant Parmesian because it is fried and...yuk.

    Well, I found a neat recipe where you bread the eggplant like normal, put a cookie sheet with a couple tablespoons of olive oil in the oven and let it get hot, like 400 degrees, then you put the eggplant on there and let it bake. The bottom gets crispy while it cooks but no deep frying required. Flip it once, finish cooking it and top with marinara. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My bf likes to sing when he's doing cleanings, it's so fun! When I hear he doing it, I can't help but laugh!!!! ^_^ They're soooo cute! aren't they?

    Eggplant recipe? stir-fry with other veggies, pizza-style eggplant (just top it with sauce and cheese), or eggplant dip?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections