Thursday, February 19, 2009

Friday!!

We've made it to Friday! : )

I must say, I really love Fridays ... definitely one of my favorite days of the week.

So as you can tell, I've changed up the blog layout a bit and am now officially a foodbuzz featured publisher ... woo hoo!

Now for a few eats. I've officially tried three different kinds of Ezekiel cereal now; Golden Flax, Cinnamon Raisin, and now Original. While I'm currently on an original box, I'd say right now I'm leaning towards Cinnamon Raisin being my favorite. Anyone else an Ezekiel cereal fan?? Dinner last night was chicken, veggies and some quinoa. Though you can't see it in this picture, my husband made the best quinoa ever (so far anyways;). I'm not even sure what all he did to it, but I know it involved olive oil. For the chicken I tried something a little different than I've done before because it sounded good, and was very simple ... first I sprinkled chili powder on them, then a little bit of low carb Heiz ketchup, some Mrs. Dash's garlic & herb seasoning, and other dried herb mix that's called "Spice It! Pizza Seasoning" that has dried oregano, garlic, crushed red pepper, and other spices in it, and I topped them off with some chopped onions. The result = delicious!

Finally, I was tagged by one of my awesome & lovely favorite blogger friends (it's true, she is that awesome and lovely;), Marian at Marian' eats, tagged with in the purse game and here are the rules:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house. No cheating!

2) I want to know how much it cost :) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.

3) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you're showing everyone your bag.I don't know how much this bag cost because it was a gift for Christmas from my mom and dad : ) It came from the awesome store my cousin, Ericka owns in Sioux City, Iowa called Close to Home (if you leave near there, you MUST check it out!)

Now for the contents:Lotion, keys, gun, pens, finger nail clippers, little thing with some makeup in it that I never actually seem to use, my mini wallet with all the "important" stuff in it, the bigger, older wallet with misc. items in it, my planner, my work badge, most importantly what I use ALL the time, my Burt's Bee's chap stick.

Now here's the honest truth about me ... my purse often becomes laden with junk, trash, and receipts and here is pile I threw away :sPretty bad, huh? lol. So, thanks, Marian, for tagging me and making me clean out my purse : ) I tag whoever wants to play (you should try, it was fun!) ... and holler at me if you do!!

After work today, Erik and I are headed to Great Wolf Lodge for our leader's retreat and then Saturday afternoon we're going to do some Whole Foods shopping while we're there and will return tomorrow evening.

Have a GREAT Friday, friends : )


20 comments:

  1. Hell yes for Friday, for Foodbuzz (look me up on there!!), and for the bag contents!! :-D

    AND FOR WHOLE FOODS, OF COURSE!!

    Great Wolfe Lodge... isn't that in Ohio??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of the Ezekiel products, but see them everywhere! I always have tons of garbage in my purse too! I think the bigger my purse, the more crap I haul around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely happy it's Friday! Have fun in Great Wolf Lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha--I have a pile of receipts and junk to go through in my purse, too. Yikes!
    I haven't tried any Ezekiel products--do you like them? Are they low-carb products or just really good quality? I don't know anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the FoodBuzz status! I love Ezekiel, but I haven't tried the cereals yet. (How did that happen since I love cereal!?)

    Happy fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah! im a new FP on foodbuzz, too! ive never tried ezek cereal, but i love all their other stuff, so i bet its just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when we bought those little click open and close wallets... the turquoise ones with the gold writing... I still have mine too!
    As far as ezekiel cereals yeah my fav. is the cinnamon raisin as well. Have you every had any of Barbara's Bakery cereals? I love love them! Try one out when you go to whole foods this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lesley, the annonymous post is from me, Andrea... Idk why it did that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really like to try the Ezekiel cereal, where do you normally buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha thats exactly like my purse! i have so much extra paper/junk that i need to clean it out every once in a while. why oh why can't i be more organized?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love Ezekial breads - I didn't even know they had cereal too. I'll have to check that out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My purse tends to get the same receipt/paper/gum wrappers/etc. as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, love your junk! I throw in random junk in my bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a fun thing to do! fortunately or unfortunately mine isn't interesting at all! I always clean it up, because I like to find what I need quickly and don't want to carry over extra weight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. fridays are the best!
    holy moly - love the brussels sprouts :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the new blog status! I have never tried any of the Ezekial products. I've never seen them in my area! Your chicken sounds so good!

    I love your purse and the stuff in it. I am a chapstick addict and I LOVE Burts Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! I've been looking around for chicken recipes, and the way you prepared yours sound great!
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Foodbuzz!

    I've never tried the Ezekiel cereals but they always capture my eye... next time I'm in need of cereal I'll go for that one. My cupboard is too overflowing currently :(

    Cute purse! I love purple. I think my purse is in need of a bit of a cleanout right about now too. It's so refreshing to throw a bunch of purse junk away haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Ezekiel cereal!

    I tend to collect receipts and gum wrappers in the bottom of my purse too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahaha i love your trash pile! people can usually find me by the trail of gum wrappers I leave, so i certainly relate :)

    p.s. i guess I havent visited your blog in a while, but i'm LOVING your brown hair! is that new?! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections