Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day Weekend

Hey All!

We're back from our V-Day weekend and had a GREAT time. I wish the weekend could have been longer!! I'll try to get caught up with blog reading, etc soon but I'm afraid that won't happen tonight ... I've got too much to do to get ready for another week or work since I played hooky all weekend, haha. Thanks for all the comments, though ... you guys, as always, are the best!! : )

Quick V-Day Recap (well, maybe quick) ...

For dinner on Saturday night, we ate at the Eden Alley Cafe on the Plaza in KC. It's a vegetarian, mostly vegan restaurant that was really neat! On their website they say about themselves that they're "Local. Organic. Traditional. Vegetarian. Vegan. Raw. Gluten+Soy-Free." First, we started off with some bread and agave nectar butter.I had the spinach and mushroom loaf served with roasted sweet potatoes slices. It was really good! (and I'm having my leftovers for dinner tonight:) My husband got the sweet potato burrito and it was just as good. I had all intentions of taking pictures of our food while we were there, but I just couldn't ... I felt too weird, lol. So I just borrowed the pictures off of their website. (They're better pictures anyways).

We stayed in The Q Hotel & Spa, which is pretty much in Westport of KC. It's KC's first "green" hotel, and it was pretty cool. Here's a picture in our room ... and another one with my husband posing ... Since this is becoming a long post, I'll end there for now. We did a lot on Sunday, too and I'll do a recap of that later. I've got stuff to get done now, so talk to you later!!!! : )

Hope you have a great Monday!

17 comments:

  1. OMG yumm that looks amazing, esp that butter haha! Sounds like some healthified meatloaf too! Glad u had a fun time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl it looks like you had quite a wonderful valentines weekend. Im glad you did!

    p.s. im so glad we are blogger friends too! You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy smokes all of that food sounds delicious! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, totally love it!!! =D Glad to you had awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had fun! The food looks so good. I can't wait to hear how the rest of the weekend went:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog :) Looks like you had a really nice V-Day. Green hotel, so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet potatoes!! My favorite part of your feast :-D

    FAAAAABULOUS V-Day weekend!!!!


    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow looks amazing lesley! i'm loving your meal :) we will get through this week together!!! the lbs have creeped up a little too and its time to smash them to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The food and the hotel look amazing! I'm so glad you guys had a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous! I used to live in the KC area. I totally love love love the Plaza area. You are so lucky you got to go. I haven't been there in the longest time. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had such a fun weekend! The hotel looks like it was really nice... and the food you ate, yum! What a great weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to know that you had great time and great eats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had fun! That hotel room looks nice and I love the concept! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great weekend! the spinach and mushroom loaf looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun!! Glad you had a special valentines w/ your hubby!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhhhh! What a neat Valentine's day. The restaurant sounds amazing! And a green hotel? How cool! You guys rock. I can't believe its Monday already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like you had a great time!!! what a cool hotel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections