Monday, March 30, 2009

Fire-Roasted Steak Asparagus Alfredo

How was your weekend?

Mine was really good ... Erik and I hung out a lot and that's just about my favorite thing to do, so that always makes for a great weekend!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my wonderful husband made dinner on Saturday night. It's kind of a tradition on either Friday night or Saturday night to have some type of pasta for dinner. Erik is a huge fan of pasta and always has been and whatever night we have that it's kind of our "splurge" night.

So anyways, not only is he a fan of pasta, he's also a great cook! In fact, he taught me just about everything I know about cooking, haha, because when we first got married, I wasn't much of a cook! In fact, at one point in his life he almost went to culinary school and was even accepted into the The Culinary Institute of America in NY buuut decided it wasn't really what he wanted to do. (But his past as a cook has its perks now ; )

And enough bragging about my husband for now ... onto the spaghetti he made ... the pictures unfortunately did not turn out very well at all, so they don't do it justice buuut it's the best I've got. Here's the Fire-Roasted Steak Asparagus Alfredo. I can't tell you what all was it in since I didn't make it, nor did I watch him make it but it was good!! (Obviously two of the main ingredients in the pasta was steak (eye of round) and asparagus).

Moving along ... I just had to put a picture up of my new wallet that my wonderful sister Karmon got me for my birthday ... I love it! (and it's my favorite color and I really needed a new one!)
I went to Target today and as I was checking out, I felt like something to drink so I got a Dasani Essence water (I got lime). Has anyone ever had any of these? I was expecting this to taste like "normal" flavored water but was surprised that the lime flavor was not very strong at all. It says "just a squeeze of natural lime flavor" and it was right. I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't leave a weird, artificial after taste in my mouth and was very refreshing and fresh. It's definitely thus far my favorite flavored water and I'll definitely be getting this again when I'm in the mood for a little flavor in my water.

That's all for now. Hope your week has started wonderfully!! : )

Stay tuned for my next post that will be all about fitness.


We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
-Sir Winston Churchill-

43 comments:

  1. Your husband is fabulous in the kitchen!!

    Never had tat Dasani product - thanks for the review!!

    LOOOOVE THE WINSTON CHURCHILL QUOTE!!!!! He is one of my greatest inspirations in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has a really nice weekend- hope you did too! stak alfredo sounds amazing, and that water looks realy refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to have a husband that cooks!

    I've never seen that water! Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your husband rocks! Mmmm, pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite weekends are when I just get to hang out too. It's nice to be able to relax every once in awhile!!

    Awesome hubby that cooks for ya!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool that Erik taught you so much about cooking! I LOVE pasta too! His looks totally fabulous! Love the ingredient list :) Hope your week is treating you well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Erik just keeps getting better and better! Lucky lady (and he's a lucky guy)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The steak asparagus alfredo sounds nice! Your husband sounds like a wonderful cook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dinner looks great! YUM! What a wonderful husband ;) I can't believe he was accepted into culinary school in NY. That's very impressive.

    I would love to try that water. I know what you mean about other flavored water, I never drink it because it doesn't taste good.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice would that be to have a personal chef around! :) Your dinner sounds great..whatever the ingredients were!

    ReplyDelete
  11. o0o0, i've never seen that water before!! i love trying new waters, i must get my hands on it.

    so lucky to have a good cook for a hubby!! i have lots of love for a man who can cook, because if it werent for my dad, we NEVER would have had an edible meal in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that new wallet is so cute! awww! and i'm so glad you reviewed the new dasani waters. it's always daunting for me to buy those waters because i'm neve sure if i'll end up regretting i spent the money to drink yuckily-flavored water :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. very fancy purse! :)
    lime flavored water?! that must be good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go chef hubby! His dinner sounds wonderful!

    I just picked up those waters too! I really like the lime flavor as well, it's like adding a slice of fresh lime to your water bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a great hubby!

    Pasta is DEFINITELY one of my favorites. Like, it would be chosen as my "last meal" if I had to pick one. lol. That pasta looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the wallet girl, it is so cute :)

    I have never even seen that water, but I will have to try it now. I just can not drink regular water, so I am always looking for flavored water that is not just completely overwhelming with flavor!

    Hope your having a great day dear and Im glad you had such a great weekend! love ya <333

    ReplyDelete
  17. great pasta meal by your husband! and the water looks so interesting...havent seen it before, but I am on the lookout now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute wallet!!

    I'm definitely going to have to try one of those waters. I hadn't seen them yet...thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i LOOVEEE the wallet :) those waters look cool! they're really popular now, i feel like so many diff companies are coming up with waters with a hint of flavor. yummyyy

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so yummy! and i love the wallet.
    great color.
    where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, what a great husband! I hope whoever I marry can cook, too! :-)

    Your new wallet is so cute! I love the color, too.

    Thanks for the good luck wishes and prayers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My husband cooks one dish a few times a year and that's his famous chili!

    I think I kind of take over in the kitchen, plus he works a ton of hours during the week, so he's not in the mood to cook anyway.

    We have collaborated on a few dishes on Saturday nights recently which is nice. Our three kids hang out in there too which is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the flavored water review! i usually find that stuff to be so fake and gross tasting...i will have to try this one out if i see it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. CUTE wallet!! That's cool that your husband almost went to the CIA! He sounds like a fabulous cook!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't seen that water yet - will have to look for it. And how lucky are you?!??! Having a hubby who cooks, and cooks well, is awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh that water is DEFINITELY something i'm going to have to take a shot at :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your purse (UK name) and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your new wallet, very cute! And that pasta dish looks really yummy. Hooray for men that can cook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad your weekend went well! I have never seen that water (note to self: keep eyes open at Target next time!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll have to try out that water. I'm always on the look out for new drinks to try!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great husband you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. That sounds really good. Why does anything "fire-roasted" make me think of grabbing a club and hunting for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  33. he almost went to CIA? how cool! how many times must I say how blessed you are to have a husband like him?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yum! That pasta looks amazing! Thanks for the info on the lime water, too. I normally don't care for flavored waters, but I think I'll try this one. Have a great day, Les!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ooh... sorry I had to zone out and study for a couple days so I was mia

    that pasta looks FABULOUS! hmm so good!

    I have had waters similar, I am not a fan of "hint of flavor" kind - I prefer just plain water or super flavor water-

    cant wait for the fitness post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your hubby's meal looks awesome! Can he come over to our house?!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I will have to try that water. My hubby cooks too, we are lucky:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've never seen that water. Sounds interesting, kind of like just adding True Lime.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my gosh can you get the recipe that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just realized you hadn't posted since Monday - I miss seeing your sweet posts, and I really hope and pray everything is ok with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections