Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kona Grill Birthday Weekend

Does it have to be Monday already again?

We had a blast this weekend and I didn't want to come home back to reality! Ha, but we had to ;)

I'll try to make this post quick because I'm also currently making rice and yogurt for this week and getting my lunch/snacks together for work tomorrow.

It felt like such a long weekend because we did so much! Here are a few recaps. One of the highlights of our weekend was that we ate at Kona Grill on the Plaza in KC and had sushi! Yum! As I've mentioned before I haven't had much sushi in my lifetime and have been wanting to try more ... and Kona Grill definitely did not disappoint! Erik and I ordered a sushi assortment and a salad to share. (with a few California rolls already missing;) I don't remember what the salad was called but it was very good and it had huge grilled asparagus spears in it. After dinner we walked around the Plaza a little bit and being the birthday weekend it was and all, we stopped by Coldstone. I got this ... Sinless sans fat cake batter ice cream with a brownie and graham cracker. YUM ... a perfect birthday treat.

Erik and I were even night owls for us, haha. We stayed out until almost midnight and we haven't stayed up that late in a long time!! (when you get up at 4:45 during the week, it just doesn't happen much).

There's so much more I could talk about and there's so much more we did but that's all for now. (Maybe a few more highlights to come later). Bottom line, I had an amazing birthday weekend all thanks to my wonderful, thoughtful husband! : ) And thanks for all the well wishes for the weekend on my last post! :) Hope your weekend went well!!!

33 comments:

  1. HOLY GOODNESS WHAT A BLAST!! Your husband is a keeper :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh - you and your hubby are ADORABLE! i'm so glad that you had a wonderful bday weekend; i'm so glad that his surprise for you turned out flawlessly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a great weekend! :D same here! when you do a lot, it seems longer and hard to get back. I'm seeing how tough it will be for me to get back to US next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww what a wonderful, fabulous, amaaaaazing weekend!! sushi+coldstone+boy you love= perfect!!!

    now it's almost monday and it's back to the real world. ew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, what an awesome time! Totally love your eats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, sushi and ice cream for birthday with the husband. Sounds like an awesome weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend and ended with the coldstone ice-cream, perfect!

    Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday girlie! I am absolutely obsessed with coldstone! looks like you had such a great night - you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you enjoyed your Birthday Weekend!!!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez girl, you are getting SPOILED! haha. I LOVE it! Im so glad that you enjoyed your sushi night. My favorite sushi restaurant is right next to a marble slab, and my life is always best when I walk over there right after my favorite meal! haha.

    I hope the start to your week is just fab. too. Love ya much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great birthday date! i love sushi and I love cake batter ice cream even more! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend! Yum, I love coldstone. Sushi is one of our favorites! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great Birthday Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday and whata nice way to spend it. nd to end with Colstone, perfect:) You two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend! What a wondeful hubby you have! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a fun birthday weekend! The sushi looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cold stones! gosh, that brings back memories...I used to work there! do they sing for you there as well? I had to sing for customers whenever they tipped us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a fab bday weekend to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great birthday weekend! I love your coldstone combo. Brownies and cookies are the best mix-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had a fun b-day weekend. I love sushi and that ice cream looks SO good. Brownies and ice cream are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you had an awesome birthday! LOVE Kona Grill. And Coldstone? Ahh...my first love. ;-) Cake Batter w/Cookie Dough, right here please. What do you think of the ff Cake Batter?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you had a fun weekend!! The sushi looks so pretty, but I must admit that the Cold Stone ice cream looks even better! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a great birthday weekend!
    I haven't had Cold Stone in forever, but it looks great! I am also a huge fan of sushi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wahooo for sushi! I got me some of that this weekend also!!! :) I always devour my California rolls first too! hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  25. birthday weekends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow couldn't get better eats right there! sushi AND coldstone! HEAVEN! thanks for the wonderful comment :) you are a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you had a great time! Yummy looking food too of course! Your so organized miss! Getting all your stuff ready for the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sushi looks great. I'm becoming quickly addicted to it. I really think I could have it everyday. You just made me crave Coldstone, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sushi just LOOKS fresh! It must have tasted great.
    That is my ideal order at Cold Stone! I wish more locations did the Sinless in the Cake Batter flavor. I can usually only find the sweet cream or whatever it's called...not as good!
    Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dinner from your post for tonight looks so good!

    Glad you had an absolute blast this weekend! Spending time with the one you love is the best! mmm coldstone. Ice cream is so on the list after this clean eating month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections