Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chicken Fajitas and Birthday Treats

THANK YOU everyone for the very kind and very sweet birthday wishes!!! : ) You all helped brighten my day! (Though since we're going to "officially" celebrate on Saturday I'm trying to hold off a little excitement until then ; )

Ha, my husband is sweet. We went to bed last night kinda late for us and after what felt like only a few hours the lovely alarm goes off. I thought, man, I sure feel tired, did we go to bed that late?? My husband hops out of bed and goes into the bathroom and I reached over to the lamp beside the bed and turned it on and then realized, wait a second! My alarm was supposed to go off before his because I was going to work out earlier than normal. So, I looked at my phone only to see it was actually midnight :p ... at that same time my husband comes back into our room and says, "Happy Birthday!!!!" haha. Then we went back to bed : )

I made birthday treats for work today but first .... last night's dinner of Chicken Fajitas: I ate two of them on La Tortilla Factory small Garlic & Herb wraps. Next up, birthday treats!!! I made Nikki's Healthy Cookies from 101 Cookbooks. The only thing I did different is that I used cacao nibs in mine and not quite as much as this recipe called for. Here's pre-oven: And post oven: If you like banana/coconut/almond mixture, you would love these. My husband and I both thought they were pretty addicting. And they were very easy and quick to make.

Along with these cookies, I brought peanut butter and almond stuffed dates.
Thanks again for the wonderful birthday wishes!!! : ) I will be updating you later of our "official" weekend birthday celebrating plans ; )

What do you have planned for the weekend?

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
-C.S. Lewis.

33 comments:

  1. Awww how cute! He wanted to be the first one to wish you a Happy Birthday!

    I truly hope you enjoyed your day. But I am a little confused. Aren't other people supposed to be baking you the yummy treats on your b-day and not the other way around? That reminds me of when I was little and my mom would always make cupcakes to take into my class on my b-day. :)

    You are too sweet! :)
    Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope it was unbelieveable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try making stuffed dates. I've never tried one before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA, those cookies look great! And HAPPY BDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, again! I love the cookies and stuffed dates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so sweet that he woke you up at midnight :) Looks like a yummy dinner (love mexican) and even better cookies! Can't wait to see what ya'll do to celebrate this weekend :) We've got some housework planned

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday!!! Your husband is soooo lovely~~~
    those cookies are sooooo cute!!! :)
    weekend plan? I'm going to visit a friend's farm with Star, ride horse, eat more meat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, what a cute wake up call :) lovely cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I hope it was great and I hope this weekends celebrating is fabulous!!

    Those cookies look so good! Very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cookies are scrumptious - a wonderful birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have such a sweet hubbie! *one day*...sigh..haha, and those cookies look really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fajitas = yum!! And I love the orange plate(I'm addicted to orange things!!). I keep seeing people eating dates but I've never had one. I might pick on up at the store and see if I like it.

    NM going on with me this weekend. I am going to visit and friend, her husband and two kiddos Friday night so it'll be fun(and means more birthday treats for me!!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have a great guy! I love your quotes at the end of each post, they are great to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a BIGGGGG Happy Birthday to you!! Sorry I missed it yesterday! I was taking care of a sick hubby. Hope it was a wonderful and blessed day for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet hubby!! Glad you enjoyed your day - you are so nice to bake on your birthday. I try to force others to bake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to you! what a sweet hubby you have. Your cookies looks delish - as do the stuffed dates. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy belated!! :)
    those cookies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday again! I can't wait to read the update on your weekend plans:)

    Your husband is so sweet! And those cookies look really good.

    I really enjoy your quotes also. This one is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a great birthday! I am so glad! The cookies look very tasty! I hope you have a fun weekend! We have a busy one coming up, yard work, babysitting my niece, working at the cooking school, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday again! Your husband is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! The cookies and the dates are both droolworthy.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the cookies look and sound amazing but even MORE delish are thoe stuffed dates!!!! heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. those cookies look so healthy and good! I love all the recipes from 101 cookbooks! have a great day! and what a sweet lovely hubby you have! definitely God's grace!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have a fun birthday weekend Lesley!
    Your husband is so sweet!

    Love the idea of coconut + bananas in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. HA! Your hubby is too funny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birtday Lesley, may you have a ll the wonderful thing in life. And may many more years to come!

    Your chicken fajitas sound so wonderful, so does the cookie.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute surprise from your husband!
    hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there! I keep seeing your pretty face everywhere when I go to comment on friends' blogs, and I finally reminded myself to stop by yours!

    Happy birthday! And your husband sounds so sweet and funny. Thanks for the photo of the cookies - I will check out that recipe!

    P.S. Is it OK if I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  28. AH! i missed your birhday!! i am such a bad bloggie friend, im so sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LES! and those cookies loook amazing, that combo is my kind of COOKIE!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday! I have made those cookies before and they are amazing! My whole family loved them, even my Dad who generally doesn't like bananas. In fact, the whole meal you made looked so good you are making me hungry haha. I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating your birthday.

    Oh, I also wanted to say that while I was away I read your post about how much you have come to enjoy blogging about health and that you feel like it is something you are really passionate about and I was so frustrated because I couldn't post a comment from my phone. I wanted to tell you that your blog is a joy to read and so much fun. I love the ideas that you have and how openly you share your feelings on health. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections